FIXED: GameSalad is borderline unusable on the newest El Capitan Version (10.11.5)

ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554
edited June 2016 in News from the Dev Team

Better late than never on a warning!

We're hoping on having a test build for this issue sometime within the next week, but in the meantime I highly suggest not updating your Mac to the newest El Capitan version.

I'll post here with more info when I have some.

Comments

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

Can't wait. Thanks for the update.
    I'm going to turnoff the automatic updates on all OSX from now on ;)

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

Too late, I already did. Now i can't work on my projects. Its devastating.

• UncloudedStudioUncloudedStudio NetherlandsMember Posts: 285

This sticky should have been here from the moment the issue occurred. It's a bit too late for many user but yes better late than never I guess.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263
    edited June 2016

Too late - it's like Mission Impossible now. I have a 5-10 minute window to complete work before I must save and close. Bring on that fix!

• demyguydemyguy Member, PRO Posts: 13

Thanks for the heads-up. Just keep in mind that we lost a lot of time on the yearly pro subscription. I was almost done with a game and I now need to delay the publishing.
    I know it's not easy to deal with this kind of bugs, but you have a really great piece of software here, which would deserve to be tested in advance with each OS update. Anyway, keep up the good job. Looking forward to the test build! ;)

Interaction designer, blogger, game developer, sometimes tech enthusiast and sometimes tech pessimist. World champion of tsundoku. @damianogui

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

Already updated my Mac. I never learn my Lesson.
    You should always wait a few days before updating anything.

• weblantisweblantis Member, PRO Posts: 114

The warning comes too late for me :s

• shanlabsshanlabs Member, PRO Posts: 12

Your expedient help will be much appreciated!

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

umm.. no shite sherlock

edited June 2016

@UncloudedStudio said:
    This sticky should have been here from the moment the issue occurred. It's a bit too late for many user but yes better late than never I guess.

I think what would've been even better was an email sent to every user about this issue the moment it was realized.
    I'm pretty sure not everyone passes by this forum everyday to check the software's stability.
    This is a major issue that should've been dealt with a little more enthusiasm.
    OSX 10.11.5 has been released for almost a month right now.
    I think if I had employees using GS to make games this would've been a deal breaker for me.
    I hope the GS team learn something for future OSX updates.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

Rumor has it that 10.12beta might fix it. But it being a developer preview it'll probably break something else.

• blagdonappsblagdonapps Somerset, EnglandMember, PRO Posts: 37

@abuabed84 said:

@UncloudedStudio said:

I think what would've been even better was an email sent to every user about this issue the moment it was realized.
    I'm pretty sure not everyone passes by this forum everyday to check the software's stability.
    This is a major issue that should've been dealt with a little more enthusiasm.
    OSX 10.11.5 has been released for almost a month right now.
    I think if I had employees using GS to make games this would've been a deal breaker for me.
    I hope the GS team learn something for future OSX updates.

I totally agree about the email, as today is the first day in about a month that I have had a chance to use GameSalad and after a long morning of saving and reopening game salad, only checked the forum now to find out that "IMPORTANT: GameSalad is borderline unusable on the newest El Capitan Version' After updating El Capitan at the weekend, if I had an email earlier then I would not of updated El Capitan!

I totally agree about the email, as today is the first day in about a month that I have had a chance to use GameSalad and after a long morning of saving and reopening game salad, only checked the forum now to find out that "IMPORTANT: GameSalad is borderline unusable on the newest El Capitan Version' After updating El Capitan at the weekend, if I had an email earlier then I would not of updated El Capitan!

I'm still checking this thread 2 to 3 times daily for an update from the Dev team.
    Deadline for my current project was supposed to be the end of this month, but I guess that's not going to happen.
    I wish GS's management was as impeccable as this beautiful piece of software they have.

• LivieGamesLivieGames Member Posts: 44

@abuabed84
    Hey mate
    Here is a link for the latest GS 10.12 (Its only beta though)

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/92377/os-x-10-12-beta-fixes-lag-i-believe#latest

:)

@LivieGames said:
    @abuabed84
    Hey mate

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/92377/os-x-10-12-beta-fixes-lag-i-believe#latest

:)

Thanks,
    Is it stable?
    When will it be officially released?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@LivieGames said:
    @abuabed84
    Hey mate

I think you mean macOS 10.12 !

Hey @abuabed84 I'm not sure, i am just researching it now...
    I'll look into it further but at this stage i think ill wait till a stable release, as i don't have any urgent projects due

@Socks said:

@LivieGames said:
    @abuabed84
    Hey mate

I think you mean macOS 10.12 !

crap, sorry my mistake..

@abuabed84 - its the latest beta OS X 10.12.
    Sorry my mistake

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

I am not seeing a big improvement in my games unfortunately. Games that were saved in 1.24.40 load and work better, even if they are slow, but anything loaded and saved in 1.25.54 is still unusable and I have to force quit the Creator after trying to open a complex actor.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

CodeWizard is working hard to fix the issues as we speak, and communication is happening again in the beta tester channel, so rest assured progress is being actively made!

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

What @Armelline said.

We're hoping to have a potential test build Friday, and then we'll get some testing done over the weekend.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited June 2016

After so much silence on the Slack tester page, it's great to see progress being made again! Can't wait for the build!

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

Indeed! I finally found the culprit. It's related to some dumb code that you don't want me to spend the time explaining.

I implemented a fix and am going through the various issues caused by it. Should have something to the test group by Friday.

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

@CodeWizard That's awesome! Can't wait to see a fix for the benefit of other users early next week. Phew... you guys worked quicker than I expected. Late nights at the office?

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278
    edited June 2016
  • ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554
    edited June 2016

@Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) and anyone else who wants a copy of the test build.

Shoot me a pm and I'll send you a download link when we have a build ready.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@CodeWizard said:
    Indeed! I finally found the culprit. It's related to some dumb code that you don't want me to spend the time explaining.

Lol.

Follow us: Twitter - Website