Everything Just died.

jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Not sure what happened. I lost all my work (luckily I had a backup that was a few hours behind)...But basically I saved the project reopened as I normally do to "refresh GS" because of the slowdown "Feature." When it came back, all my images were gone, all actors were missing in action, and basically everything was just broken. I can access everything, but there is no visual representation for anything. See screenshot.

It's almost like all the images lost their links...Does this happen?

ANYONE else seen this bug? Anyway to recover or do you just use your backup?... and yes... there is bacon in this game.

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Try dragging your images in again. I've heard that it might work.
  • gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    This happens to me far too often. I keep all my images in one folder that way I just import the contents in again, fixes it every time.
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Stink. Luckily I've never had that happen but good to know there's an easy fix!
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    Has happened to me many times during my last project. For me it was to do with starting a project in an older version and then bringing it into 0.8.9.

To fix it as FMG said, lift back in the images. I kept a backup images folder (all correctly resized) for every time this happened.

Another thing that sometimes happened to accompany this was that the viewer would no longer work once the images were put back, to fix that I had to open the project package and replace the assets and objects xml files from a backup. One time I had to replace a scene xml file as well.

One common cause of this seems to be starting a project based on an older version shared tutorial file (like the joystick one).
  • jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
    Wow.. Good to know. You sound like a pro at this one StusApps. ;)

Thanks for the tips guys!

I'll try re-importing the images. when I get home from work. I better get going. ;) I'm 15 minutes late as it is. THANKS GS; Ruin my night, and make me late for work... sheeesh.

Gotta love this community though. ;)
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    "Package-o-bacon"

+1!
    BarkBarkCo said:
    "Package-o-bacon"

+1!

Yeah.. I'm pretty proud of that myself ;)
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    Sounds like a great name for a sandwich! ;-)
    WHAT?!!! Check it out.. This is what I saw when I reopened that project after I got home this evening.

I didn't touch anything. I think the GS fairy just came and restored my images for me. Weird.

MMmmm Bacon.
    Ahh... False alarm..

That was an older version that mysteriously made it to the top of my "recent" I got excited for no reason...

*UPDATE*

Yeah... The replace image thing didn't work. Reopened the file and everything was re-broken after it appeared "fixed." Viewer didn't work during the "fixed time" either... GENDAI WHAT GIVES? Why does this happen?