Blurred and pixelated text on retina display iPhones

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times on here, but I've been having a problem where when I sign my app and transfer it to my phone, any text that I have using display text shows up as blurry and pixelated. I've checked and I do have resolution independence checked, and interestingly, two other people who are testing my app, who have iPhone 6's, don't have the problem. I have a 6+. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is it the fact that I'm using a 6+? Lemme know if you need any more information. The type of iPhone was the only information I thought would be useful, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance.

Having trouble with your game? Sounds like a personal problem.

Answers

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

Is the size of your art divisible by 4? If not, that can be the problem

• ADSentertainmentADSentertainment Member Posts: 397
    edited November 2015

@Chechesoft No this involves the text (although I know exactly what you're talking about). if it affects text, I still highly doubt it's the problem since it's only on my iPhone 6+ and not my testers' iPhone 6's.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

How does it look on iPad?

@gattoman I'm not sure. I haven't been able to run it on one yet.

• JayteeJaytee Member Posts: 79

This problem also occured to me, but i found out that checking the "Legacy Resolution Independence"-box was the reason for the blurry text - i don't know if it'll help in your case though.

@Jaytee I don't think so since others don't appear to have a problem. Unless your issue was identical to mine where your phone didn't smoothen the text, but others' phones do.

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@ADSentertainment
    Try removing any decimals from the X and Y positions of the actor that displays the text.