Thunderchilds Complete Guides to iOS and Mac Publishing

Comments

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

Thanks @Thunder_Child!

I need to publish for Mac, so this'll be helpful! Cheers.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

this video is superb.
    trying to get my first game going i spent three hours the other day, and another couple last night getting the same crappy error over and over.
    while it is slightly different to current apple developer site layout, it's close enough for your video to hit the mark.

thank you a heap for taking the time to make the video. it was extremely helpful.

• Titanical Tech ProductionTitanical Tech Production Member, PRO Posts: 35

I feel like your video is outdated. Can you post another video with the new App Store Connect?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited August 2018

@Titanical Tech Production said:
    I feel like your video is outdated. Can you post another video with the new App Store Connect?

I don't think you realise how much work was involved in making that video. Thunderchild did that as a user to help out the community and was not GS staff. Besides, Thunderchild moved on to greater and better challenges ages ago.

Lots of veteran Pro Users used to contribute like that but sadly they too have left. :(

serious? i followed it four weeks ago and thought it was close enough to the current layout that i was able to make both my certificates and three profiles for my game.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited August 2018

@bob loblaw said:

serious? i followed it four weeks ago and thought it was close enough to the current layout that i was able to make both my certificates and three profiles for my game.

Well, there you go Titanical! :)

Watch the video again, discount the Apple UI changes, and you can probably figure it out yourself.

If you can't, then maybe you should try some other game engine?

They don't have forums like this one... :D !

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited August 2018

Or try a different platform. I found Android to be pretty simple after a while.

• RichardBrownRichardBrown Member Posts: 42

Well see that is the problem right there...
    And to be honest, I never understood how come GS staff don’t make an step by step tutorial about how to publish the apps we make with their product. I followed Thunderchild video and it worked great for me. I asked several times for tutorials like this to publish in android and other platforms but never got a response. Thats the main reason I canceled my subscription.

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited August 2018

This could help @RichardBrown .
    https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/96745/android-tutorial#latest
    I tried to be clear. Hope it helps. :)

• RichardBrownRichardBrown Member Posts: 42

Thanks a lot! I’ll look at it!!!

@Titanical Tech Production did you figure it out? i would very much like to see your first project live.

@RichardBrown said:
    Well see that is the problem right there...
    And to be honest, I never understood how come GS staff don’t make an step by step tutorial about how to publish the apps we make with their product. I followed Thunderchild video and it worked great for me. I asked several times for tutorials like this to publish in android and other platforms but never got a response. Thats the main reason I canceled my subscription.

there's a good video on youtube for mac to android publishing i just followed that worked well for me. i had issues making the keystore with terminal, but got it right when i used a third party app called keystore explorer (also when you publish you need to use minimum sdk level 18 for the keystore to work, and minimum 10,000 days for keystore valid period).

Could you publish a new video on publishing. There is a new framework on Tapdaq and I get errors about the Tapdaq framework with the new App Store Connect.

When updating my apps, I have an updated version of my game. But it won't change my version on Application Loader then it gives me this error. I also clicked Sign App when generating my app certificate.

When updating my apps, I have an updated version of my game. But it won't change my version on Application Loader then it gives me this error. I also clicked Sign App when generating my app certificate.

did you increment the build and the version number before generating your app? gotta do both.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

@PhilipCC said:

I don't think you realise how much work was involved in making that video. Thunderchild did that as a user to help out the community and was not GS staff. Besides, Thunderchild moved on to greater and better challenges ages ago.

Lots of veteran Pro Users used to contribute like that but sadly they too have left. :(

Whoa...was just stopping by to see how things were going. 227 comments ago apparently. Thanks for those. I read several

It has been a long time...I really don’t know how well they are helping still these days they MUST be outdated...but they will always remain. I still see through analytics that there is nearly never more than 3 hours without someone watching one of my tutorials. Maybe I can come back. Although I “moved on”....GameSalad still has some very unique build methods I haven’t been able to make happen on the “other platform”

So nice to see you all again

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Lol...how awesome is this? Just downloaded a 5 day trial of GS....opened an old build which loaded perfectly...went to advocate and couldn’t remember how to do it...so I watched my own tutorial to do it...still works perfect. Yay !

• MetalloMetallo Member, PRO Posts: 86
    edited October 2018

I followed this video to publish my first game and it worked almost perfectly, there are some tweeks due to the new version of the app store center but really easy things??

• PhoenixX1283PhoenixX1283 Member, PRO Posts: 1
    edited October 2018

Code Signing Error 1: iPhone Distribution: Storming Eagle Entertainment LLC (DRRCNRH43E): ambiguous (matches "iPhone Distribution: Storming Eagle Entertainment LLC (DRRCNRH43E)" and "iPhone Distribution: Storming Eagle Entertainment LLC (DRRCNRH43E)" in /Users/spencerfish/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db)
    Make sure your provisioning profile, developer certificate, and WWDR certificate are installed, valid, not expired or duplicated, and signed with a private key in the keychain on the computer you are signing with. I Need your help with this problem I keep on having the same message keeps on popping up when I try to publish my game I keep getting same thing keeps on happening every single time please help me?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@PhoenixX1283 Look in the Keychain Access application and see if you have certificates that match that description (expired, duplicated, not signed with a private key).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• njerijersisnjerijersis Member Posts: 2

@Lovejoy said:
    Now that i got your address and phone number i will send you post cards and random meme texts.

Bonne chance. Vous en aurez besoin ;)
    https://googlehangouts.ooo/ https://omegle.onl/
    https://8ballpool.onl/

• thunderchildgsthunderchildgs Member Posts: 7

Please note these two videos have been removed from my YouTube...I plan on making another rather soon. I ask a moderator to keep this sticky for a while. Thank you

ping @sinbot

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774
  • sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

I love how we have this huge thread based on videos that do not exist lmao. classic.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Lets see if there is still enough GS love around for someone to make a new set of videos. As Thunderchild is long gone from here... ?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

@smurfted said:
    Lets see if there is still enough GS love around for someone to make a new set of videos. As Thunderchild is long gone from here... ?

I've contemplated doing a new set for a while but it's just a matter of finding the time. I debated setting up a Patreon or something (no idea how those things really work) to fund a couple of days off work to get them done, but I'm loathe to ask the community something like that.

• pinoyreplaypinoyreplay Member Posts: 1

Almost all I can say is, I’m not sure what to express! Except certainly, for the great tips which have been shared within this blog. I’ll think of a million fun approaches to read the articles or blog posts on this site. I’m sure I will finally take a step employing your tips on those things I could not have been able to address alone. You are so innovative to let me be one of those to profit from your valuable information. Please know how much I enjoy the whole thing. http://ofwpinoytvchannel.su/category/pinoy-channel/

• Our site is always there to help you to develop the coding skill in a very efficient way. We share the sophisticated strategies with you and provide programming assignments written by our experts. Our experts are always there to help you. So, make use of our best services.

https://ishqsubhanallahserial.net/

• I was more than happy to uncover this great site. I need to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to see new information on your blog. https://kasautizindagikihd.net/