Bug when using Actor Of Type

JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
edited November -1 in Tech Support
This has happened to me twice in the last two games. If you create a rule and use the Actor Of Type and the actor is the first actor in the list (This is also the first actor in the inspector panel) then this rule will not work on the iPhone. It will work on the Mac, but not the iPhone.

Not only did this make the rule not work on the iPhone it eventually locks the app up. I want to point out once again that this only seems to effect the iPhone app, not you Mac app or testing.

Work around: If you move your actor not to be the first on the list in the inspector panel then this will change the order in the drop down and it will work on both the Mac and the iPhone.

Comments

• JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    Has anyone else had this problem?
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    I had this problem with actor of tag. Not matter what I did, for some reason my asteroids wouldn't collide so I had to use actor of type. Was quite annoying as all the other asteroids were colliding properly under the same tag.
    FYI - if you use Actor Of Type and you select the first item in the dropdown it will not work on the iPhone.
    I've ran into this three time in four day. So I know other people have had this issue, but don't know it. I got this same bug on the previous release.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Confirmed bug. Thanks. This will need to be fixed in a new build and not just a server update.
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Thanks for the heads up CodeMonkey