Ubisoft game acadmy.. should i join ??? please help !!!!

CodeArtOnlineCodeArtOnline Member Posts: 84

hey hi everyone.
i have a opperteinity of joining a Ubisoft Game Acdemy course in Abu dhabi. its fee is about 21,250 USD.
but i am getting some kind of aid so i dont have to pay.
i am really really into game development its my passion. etc and for this academy no previous experience required except to have passion.
its a 16-month fultime course // which they will teach unity,unreal, 3dsmax,maya etc etc.. please i need help.
i finished my high-school i am 18 years old. should i join this course or should i do some university stuff .. please need help.. heres the link to the course . http://tadreeb.twofour54.com/en/section/twofour54-gaming-academy
. pdf : http://tadreeb.twofour54.com/en/media/get/20130626_Ubisoft-May-2013-Eng.pdf
Thanks .....

Comments

• ant_ladant_lad Member Posts: 222

Sure, looks like it could be a 'fast' track to something big in UAE

• CodeArtOnlineCodeArtOnline Member Posts: 84

Then should i join ?? please have a look on the sites which i have pasted ..

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

I would go even if it was for a job to scrub toilets, its an amazing place. Don't let opportunities pass up, take it and don't look back.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2015

@Lovejoy said:
    I would go even if it was for a job to scrub toilets . . .

I'd carry the bucket for you, and organise your scrubbing brushes (hoping one day for promotion to actual toilet scrubber).

• ant_ladant_lad Member Posts: 222

I thought the 'sure' was yes.
    For those who wish to go to abu, it is not a very nice place if you are not from there or have a connection there. If you are in a third world nation and starving, abu might be better

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited May 2015

get 100% sure you don't have to pay. Location is nice Ubisoft is nice. But if you wanna break into the industry their cheaper ways out there now. Just make a couple of nice apps watch Extra Credits, build a nice portfolio apply for an intern position in a smaller gaming company move the carrier ladder up.

What ever you do in Live becomes clearer once you align it with the bigger goal beyond the "becoming". So whats your goal?

• CodeArtOnlineCodeArtOnline Member Posts: 84

i live in arab country which is near abu dhabi .. 40 min flight.. and i will not pay the fee. i will just have to take care of my living expanses .. have you guys read the information about the course in this link : http://tadreeb.twofour54.com/en/media/get/20130626_Ubisoft-May-2013-Eng.pdf

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

I can only suggest then and would say "go for it then!" If you can pay your living this is a good oppertunity

• AmreinAmrein Member Posts: 2

Hello guys, has anyone taken Game Creators Odyssey, an online game design course by Ubisoft? Ubisoft now partners with Concordia University, as far as I know, but I'm not sure about the process of enrollment: do Concordia University students have any financial aid from Ubisoft?

• AmreinAmrein Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020

@Amrein customwritingcompany said:
    Hello guys, has anyone taken Game Creators Odyssey, an online game design course by Ubisoft? Ubisoft now partners with Concordia University, as far as I know, but I'm not sure about the process of enrollment: do Concordia University students have any financial aid from Ubisoft?

I'm also considering internships by Ubisoft (preferably, in France). Any experience or helpful tips? Thanks.
    Patrick

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@Amrein said:

@Amrein customwritingcompany said:

I'm also considering internships by Ubisoft (preferably, in France). Any experience or helpful tips? Thanks.
    Patrick

lol. quote yourself and embed a spam link in the quote.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

@CodeArtOnline if you can afford it (the living expenses), go.

If you are serious about going into programming, I would consider applying to University and then deferring enrollment for a year (if that's an option).

The course looks like it gives you a broad intro, and if you're near the beginning of your coding career, I think it may be worth going to uni to learn more.

Worse case, you can ditch uni if you get a job right out of the program OR you may get lucky and be hired by someone who will help pay for you doing your university degree part time.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

@Amrein looks like the course is meant to be partnered with an existing class and not stand-alone?