Red Run WIP

DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
edited May 2015 in Non-GS Game News

So, tried our hand at toying with a new engine and I'm fairly happy with the result.

Red Run is you basic endless runner with 40 different sections all placed at random.

Looking for some feedback from the GS community.

Comments

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Member Posts: 822

Looks amazing :smiley:

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Looks excellent; I could definitely see myself getting addicted to that!

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited May 2015

Looks cool and seems to run nice and fast with responsive controls, what engine did you use?

• DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    edited May 2015

---Edited for etiquette---

@DeepBlueApps Thanks. Can't talk about other engines but you can PM me for info.

Also, we are wondering what people think about user generated sections where the designers name is listed in game like "Created by This Cool Person".

Thoughts?

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476

@DeadlySeriousMedia said:
    Also, we are wondering what people think about user generated sections where the designers name is listed in game like "Created by This Cool Person".

Thoughts?

"Created by [...]" may cause some confusion.
    You could change the wording to "Level designed by [...]" or something similar.

That makes sense! Thanks.

• sebmat86sebmat86 Member Posts: 339

Annoyingly good looking game. Grr! :grin:

Ha ha! Thanks! Still think GS is a better engine as far as what you can actually do with it. But yeah, those effects sure are perdy! :tongue:

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Looks great, mentioning the engine used isn't against the rules. Plenty of people have done it before. Like POM with Pathz and Digichain with Devils Run.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

I see. Well, to save my inbox from stress it's BuildBox. Very expensive, extremely limited, but very pretty. That's the long and short of it.

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

I like it. looks like it require some crazy mad skills though!

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

looks very good. obviously its not gamesalad engine. Gamesalad can't something like this.
    Could you pm me the name of the engine?

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Clock said:
    looks very good. obviously its not gamesalad engine. Gamesalad can't something like this.
    Could you pm me the name of the engine?

See two posts above yours.

@DeadlySeriousMedia said:
    I see. Well, to save my inbox from stress it's BuildBox. Very expensive, extremely limited, but very pretty. That's the long and short of it.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited May 2015

@Clock It´s BuildBox. Read the last comment by DeadlySeriousMedia.

GS can do a game like this. Only thing i can see hard to do with GS is the lighting effects.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730
    edited May 2015

@DeadlySeriousMedia cool game, I would be a customer if it arrived for IOS but I doubt that it will... considering that you would have to pay at least USD 2675 for it to happen (when using BB that is).

@JSproject Thanks for the support! Basically, I'm using the trial as a way to see what I can create and if it can bring interest. I can say Red Run has gotten plenty of positive feedback. The price tag isn't impossible just not something I want to pay if I don't think I can earn it back within a year.

I'm trying myhand at a few more little games and see how they play before making a decision.

It's still possible that Red Run might be a thing.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I'm obviously at Gamesalad fan but it's always good to stay current and keep an eye on what else is available. Nothing wrong with that. :)

@jamie_c Exactly. The only thing it does better than GS is infinite games IMO, and even then, a limited number of them.