Need help with size issue!

delim678delim678 Member Posts: 6

Hey guys, I'm creating my first game and it is going well, however i came across a problem. When i create my Word art using photoshop, I'm working with a iPad so graphics are pretty big so i have really big words like 120 pt font and every time i save it and go to import it. Gamesalad replys with sorry to large would you like to resize. So i click yes and then when i put my words in my game there are all pixelated and have pixel stair like edges and it looks awful. If there a way i can compress it so i won't have this problem or will i have to type a small font and then drag the corner and distort it?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@delim678 said:
    i have really big words like 120 pt font

Inside a computer real world values like points ('120 pt font'), inches, miles, gallons, pints, kilos and centimetres have no real meaning in isolation, 120 points could mean lots of things, it has no absolute value unless you know all the other factors involve (its resolution, the resolution of the target device, the size of the target device's screen - and so on).

@delim678 said:
    Gamesalad replys with sorry to large would you like to resize.

The maximum size image you can import into GameSalad is 2048 x 2048 pixels.

@delim678 said:
    So i click yes and then when i put my words in my game there are all pixelated and have pixel stair like edges and it looks awful.

Try setting the resolution of your Photoshop file to 72ppi.

@delim678 said:
    If there a way i can compress it so i won't have this problem

GameSalad does not support image compression.

• delim678delim678 Member Posts: 6

Hey thanks for the 2048x2048 tip that works did't know that, but i don't know what i am doing wrong, my words still look wrong and awful. Do you know how to fix this or what i am doing wrong?

@delim678 said:
    Hey thanks for the 2048x2048 tip that works did't know that, but i don't know what i am doing wrong, my words still look wrong and awful. Do you know how to fix this or what i am doing wrong?

Can you show me the original image.

edited May 2015

@delim678 said:

Your resolution is set at 300ppi - it needs to be 72ppi.

In Photoshop, open the file > Image Menu > Image Size > deselect (switch off) 'Resample', change the resolution to 72ppi - hit ok > hit save.

P.S. ultimately the resolution of an image shouldn't make any difference, as you can always rescale it to the size you need within GameSalad.

Thank you so much man! it works now!!!!!

@delim678 said:
    Thank you so much man! it works now!!!!!

Good ! :)