Gamesalad plugin for safari does not work.

IntelligentDesignerIntelligentDesigner Member Posts: 517
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Since updating the plugin the web apps no longer work. What gives?

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Could you please explain how it doesn't work?
    Please try reinstalling if it doesn't show up in your Library->Internet Plug-Ins folder
  • IntelligentDesignerIntelligentDesigner Member Posts: 517
    Installed it 6 times already.

It used to work, and when I tried updating from the 86 version, to 87 it wont work, so also with the 88 version.

When you go to the page nothing happens now. It's like the plug in does not exist.

There is no icon in the internet plugins folder, so probably the install does not work. Can I drag one in from somewhere?

Does it just not work with Safari 5?
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    It works fine for me and I have the latest Safari...(Safari 4)
    I have Safari 5 and it works for me.
    More specifically it should be in "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" and not in the user directory version(e.g. "/Users/CodeMonkey/Library/Internet Plug-Ins").

Perplexing. Still thinking about what might be wrong.
  • kaarlosskaarloss Member Posts: 1
    I cant seem to install it either.. fist time trying to install it
    It still does not work. I found the folder you mentioned, there was a GameSalad.webplugin there, so I deleted it and re-ran your install, which put a fresh one back. Probably your webplugin doesn't work with the current version of Safari. Can you fix this please?
    Oops. I meant that I am using the latest version of Safari 5.
    Everything seems OK here.
    I haven't noticed any issues.
  • A3MGA3MG Member Posts: 152
    Safari 4.0.5 and GS 0.8.8 working here.
    @Joe, what do you think would make it not work? I know for sure that Safari 4 was working with up to GS 0.8.6 I'd like to use it again, but can't figure why it won't work...
    Jeez, I really have no idea...
    I'm just thankful that it is working!

I hope you get it fixed!
    @CodeMonkey

Have you got a solution? Should I downgrade Safari to 4? Seems like some others have it working, can you get a proper webplugin right away?
    Web Plug in still does not work.
  • GameSaladGameSalad Key Master, Member Posts: 33
    What is your system setup? Maybe we have the same system here so we can get a better look at what might be wrong. What are the specific symptoms? Is it just asking you to install the plugin?

When you click Help->Installed Plug-Ins does it not show the GameSalad Player plugin there?
    @IntelligentDesigner and @kaarloss

What is your system setup? Maybe we have the same system here so we can get a better look at what might be wrong. What are the specific symptoms? Is it just asking you to install the plugin?

When you click Help->Installed Plug-Ins does it not show the GameSalad Player plugin there?
    Symptoms are exactly nothing happens when you are on the web game page.

Snow Leopard Mac Mini
    Mac OSX 10.6.4

2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

GameSalad Player
    GameSalad game player plugin — from file “GameSalad.webplugin”.
    MIME Type Description Extensions
    application/x-portable-game Name of content type .gameproj,.game

Please fix this?

UPDATE: Just tried it again and now it works... Why there was a problem? Who knows???
  • mndollar2011mndollar2011 Member Posts: 1
    the plugin is not working for me neither, iv got safari 5
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    mndollar2011 said:
    the plugin is not working for me neither, iv got safari 5

Please check the dates on these threads. This thread is in reference to an issue someone was having 6 months ago.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    it is an old thread but the latest plugin is not working for me either..kind of just accepted it. Have reinstalled but still no go.
  • lagunacomputerlagunacomputer Member Posts: 37
    Version 5.0.1 (6533.17.8) no worky here
  • dazzlemedazzleme Member Posts: 152
    Just upgraded to 0.9.1 and tried viewing in Safari v. 5.0.3 (6533.19.4). Every time I try to view in Safari now, it says I need to install the latest plugin and restart Safari. I go through the process, try again, and get the same message. Went through it half a dozen times at least before giving up.
  • SteamworksSteamworks Member Posts: 61
    im having this problem to. (1 year to 6 months later -.-) i checked my library folder and its in the right one. but when i go to safari < help < installed plugins its not their
  • MarcelEdwardMarcelEdward Member Posts: 1
    I also have this problem.

The gamesalad safari plugin installs without errors, it is the library folder. It does not show up in the help->plugins.

But I keep getting 'This unique experience was designed to be tasted with the GameSalad Plug-in for Safari. Please download here' at http://gamesalad.com/game/play/22929

Other like http://gamesalad.com/game/27959 do work.

I just wanted to see the joystick demo at http://gamesalad.com/wiki/how_tos:gsc_controls#how_do_i_make_a_joystick_control is states there that there would be a download project button. But apparently not since there seems to be an issue with gamesalad plugin ????

`
    EDIT:
    The Safari Plugin Is no longer used. Anything that shows a message that it is needed is not available to be played online until the author republishes it as HTML5. Those Projects Can still be download the same as any other project that was made downloadable through the GameSalad creator by searching for it under the new tab.

In the Future Please do not bump old threads like this. Although it may seem like you are having the same issue you are likely not as the issue is from many many versions ago.

Thanks
    tenrdrmer
    `
This discussion has been closed.