Language Translations... want some cash?

AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
Hi guys,

My game Max Vector is being translated to practically every language under the sun... okay, not quite but here's what I have so far: English, Spanish, German, Chinese and Japanese.

I'm after the following: Dutch, Italian, French (and any others that might be worth adding).

I'm hoping the game is going to be a success (obviously - lol). Unfortunately, I can't offer any cash in advance, but what I've given the other translators is 15% of net profits of their chosen region plus a percentage for every other country that speaks that language... this is worked out by how many languages those countries have. Say for example you speak French, you'll get 15% of the French App Store net profits and 7.5% of Canada's App Store profits as they have two official languages, English and French... as well as percentages for any other French speaking countries, of course!

If you're interested, let me know - karl@polygame.co.nz

NO GOOGLE TRANSLATORS, I NEED PEOPLE WHO ARE FLUENT!

Cheers :)

Oh, here's a video of an early version of the game:

Comments

• chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    I trsrate engrish vrrry well..... plz plz Iz neds to dos thsi
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    DeadPixelz?
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Do they get to choose their region? Everyone would go for the US because it's obviously the biggest market :D if someone translates your game in a region where there's 5 people and you get 1 sale from there then they'll only get 15cents. Was it worth the job?? Haha
    I don't really need anyone to translate for the US... they speak English, if I'm not mistaken....

It's simple, translate French, you get the French App Store (15% of NET profit) and any other French speaking regions... the percentages depend on how many languages there are in those regions.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    What I meant was they translate and then they get to choose 15% from ANY region or country, but I guess that's not how it works haha
    POLYGAMe said:
    DeadPixelz?

Huh, Im confused... I was making a joke saying, I'll translate to english, but my english is really bad.. And you speak english anyway.. It wasn't that funny haha
    I was making a joke that also wasn't funny... I was calling you DeadPixelz... his English ain't all that great... not surprising, though... he's from Greece, I think. Poor Duck Hunt guy... can't stop teasing him... I'm just jealous that I only know one language. LOL.
    artonskyblue said:
    Do they get to choose their region? Everyone would go for the US because it's obviously the biggest market :D if someone translates your game in a region where there's 5 people and you get 1 sale from there then they'll only get 15cents. Was it worth the job?? Haha

Also, I'd like to know the region where only five people live and how they got their own App Store ;)
    artonskyblue said:
    What I meant was they translate and then they get to choose 15% from ANY region or country, but I guess that's not how it works haha

It works EXACTLY like that! IN DREAM LAND!!!! Hahahaha.
  • Ruslan21Ruslan21 Member Posts: 228
    I can translate it to Russian, Turkish

Let me know
    shakirovruslan2008@gmail.com
    Wow now I feel like a dumbass...

Anyway, if you know english your good.. Gives you a free pass to be lazy... Only language I know and only language I need... Unless your selling apps, then it would be handy...
    chosenonestudios said:
    Wow now I feel like a dumbass...

Anyway, if you know english your good.. Gives you a free pass to be lazy... Only language I know and only language I need... Unless your selling apps, then it would be handy...

Anyway, if you know English, you're good.. Gives you a free pass to be lazy... Only language I know and only language I need... Unless you're selling apps, then it would be handy...

:-P
    Tee hee hee... English and Grammar 101 with POLYGAMe!
    Ruslan21 said:
    I can translate it to Russian, Turkish

Let me know

Sounds good... not too sure how big the App Stores are but I figure there has to be loads LESS apps with these sorts of languages, so they'd sell well in those specific App Stores ;)

Flick me an email ;)
  • Ruslan21Ruslan21 Member Posts: 228
    I dont know how to email you couldnt find the way. LOL

email me and we go from there

Email address is at the top of this page :P
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Chosen, I thought it was funny :)
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    ITALIAN here!! emailing you now
  • HachikoHachiko Member Posts: 330
    Sigh, 36 minutes too late, Italian there too :) No need of money though, I wouldn't feel right.
    Just a free copy of the game would do, can't wait to play it :)
  • RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    I can translate it to Portuguese!

marcosriffel@hotmail.com
    peachpellen said:
    Chosen, I thought it was funny :)

Thanks Peach ;)
  • ForteForte Member, PRO Posts: 297
    I do Japanese?
    こにちわ ぼくわ かい です。ぼくわ 13さい です。ぼくの ぺやとの へび です。 なんさい にな です。 にな は いぬ です。 にな は ちいさい です。 さようなら!

How's that?
    its a little rusty though at times, im not that reliable
  • PlaySysPlaySys Member Posts: 17
    If you need an italian translation in future we can help too. We translate more than 100 pages (A4, font 12) ENG-> ITA every mont for Italian magazines.
    We have a good supervisor with deep italian knowledge for typical errors like tenses, double negations, masculine and feminine, plurals, squeezing and reversing of long sentence, accents and so on ;)
    CreativeSolution said:
    FYI @Polygame I speak 5 languages Armenian, Russian, English, French and Greek.
    I have 2 degrees in English. One Lancashire and one Michigan. Also I have in 3 degress in French which are A1, A2, B1 I could give also B2 but I don't have the time to study. And I know Russian since my mother is from Russia and Armenian since my father is from Armenia. And because I live in Greece I know Greek. So stop teasing me. I'm 17 years old and I know 5 languages and I have IQ 167. Don't try to beat that because you won't. I can beat you in any kind of debate.

PS: I changed my name from DeadPixelZ to LaCiuDaD

You know, whats funny... Even if all that stuff is true (not saying it isn't)... You steal games... So please subtract 500 points from your IQ
  • amigoniamigoni Member Posts: 78
    Italian here too, if you need help. Might be able to do spanish as well.
  • picsoungpicsoung Member Posts: 1
    french native here :)
    english level : TOIEC 950pts and TOEFL

it would be a pleasure to work on a teamproject :)
  • TheoBlonkTheoBlonk Member Posts: 25
    From english to Dutch: no problem!
    Not looking for easy money. I am a retiered designer with lots of time.
    Theo.

theo at digitalis dot nu
  • mzxmzx Member Posts: 151
    I'm very good at translating from English to Dutch. English to latin can I also help you with :P.
    I would very pleased to help you!