Viewer 8.8 build fail

skottskott Member Posts: 172
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi, Im getting this build fail when i'm trying to build the new viewer on my iphone device. Anyone know what to do?

Build GameSalad Viewer of project GameSalad Viewer with configuration Debug

Ld "build/Debug-iphoneos/GameSalad Viewer.app/GameSalad Viewer" normal armv6
cd "/Users/peoplenetwork/Desktop/GameSalad Viewer 8.8"
setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 3.0
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.5
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch armv6 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS3.1.3.sdk "-L/Users/peoplenetwork/Desktop/GameSalad Viewer 8.8/build/Debug-iphoneos" "-L/Users/peoplenetwork/Desktop/GameSalad Viewer 8.8" "-L/Users/peoplenetwork/Desktop/GameSalad Viewer 8.8/../../trunk/player/iphone-common" "-F/Users/peoplenetwork/Desktop/GameSalad Viewer 8.8/build/Debug-iphoneos" -filelist "/Users/peoplenetwork/Desktop/GameSalad Viewer 8.8/build/GameSalad Viewer.build/Debug-iphoneos/GameSalad Viewer.build/Objects-normal/armv6/GameSalad Viewer.LinkFileList" -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -dead_strip -miphoneos-version-min=3.0 -lGameSaladViewer -framework CoreLocation -lsqlite3.0 -framework SystemConfiguration -framework AVFoundation -framework QuartzCore -framework CoreGraphics -framework OpenGLES -framework UIKit -framework Foundation -lxml2 -lz -framework OpenAL -framework AudioToolbox -framework iAd -o "/Users/peoplenetwork/Desktop/GameSalad Viewer 8.8/build/Debug-iphoneos/GameSalad Viewer.app/GameSalad Viewer"

ld: framework not found iAd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 failed with exit code 1

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Make sure you're using iOS4 on your device, that's what the issue sounds like?

Also, if you're trying to load the viewer, you need to set it to "device" and "release", not "debug"
  • skottskott Member Posts: 172
    Yes the fail looks like it has something with the OS to do, But I am using IOS4. It was set to debug and I tried to set it to release but still i'm getting the same fail.. It's an Iphone 3G
    So make sure you have iOS4 which you have

You have the latest viewer 0.8.8

Make sure you've checked the boxes "Device and it should say 4.0, and "release"

Make sure you have the latest version of Xcode: 3.2.3 (if you don't you need to have that in order to install this viewer)

AND

Make sure under info.playlist: you typed in the correct provisioning profile "com.xxx.xxx"

AND

Right click on the blue box that says "gamesalad viewer" and hit "get info", then type in "code sign" in the blank box, and select the correct provisioning profile

But I think maybe you don't have the correct version of Xcode installed?

Go to Xcode, and click "about xcode" and see what version you have
  • skottskott Member Posts: 172
    Your absolutely right - I have not installed the latest SDK (xcode) - stupid me, did not think of that.. Thanks alot :-)
    No problem :) It's easy to forget the bigger things when trying to get the viewer loaded :)
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    This should be marked resolved then?
  • lotorpotorlotorpotor Member Posts: 8
    I`m also getting this error " Undefined symbols:
    "_ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierPortrait", referenced from:
    _ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierPortrait$non_lazy_ptr in libGameSaladViewer.a(GSiAdSupport.o)
    (maybe you meant: _ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierPortrait$non_lazy_ptr)
    "_ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierLandscape", referenced from:
    _ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierLandscape$non_lazy_ptr in libGameSaladViewer.a(GSiAdSupport.o)
    (maybe you meant: _ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierLandscape$non_lazy_ptr)
    ld: symbol(s) not found
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"

I have 3.23 x-code version ...and my i-phone firmware version is 3.13. In order to install GS viewer I need to update my x-code version and update my i-phone os to 4?
    lotorpotor said: I`m also getting this error " Undefined symbols: "_ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierPortrait", referenced from: _ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierPortrait$non_lazy_ptr in libGameSaladViewer.a(GSiAdSupport.o) (maybe you meant: _ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierPortrait$non_lazy_ptr) "_ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierLandscape", referenced from: _ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierLandscape$non_lazy_ptr in libGameSaladViewer.a(GSiAdSupport.o) (maybe you meant: _ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierLandscape$non_lazy_ptr) ld: symbol(s) not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status" I have 3.23 x-code version ...and my i-phone firmware version is 3.13. In order to install GS viewer I need to update my x-code version and update my i-phone os to 4?
    double post :/ damn..how can i delete this post :/
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    this thread is 8 months old
    if you have a question, make a new thread
This discussion has been closed.