What am I waiting on?

TryangleTryangle Member Posts: 37

This is the question I find myself asking repeatedly when trying to use GS. After working on my project for more than 10 minutes, a restart is required or else I spend more time waiting for it to run some mysterious process than I spend actually building anything. This happens when pressing the back button, when going into objects, when opening up closed code boxes, as well as with accessing click trees in game, device, and object directories. GS just slows down to paraplegic slug speed, I'm not exaggerating. Is there some sort of memory leak? What is it doing?

Best Answer

Answers

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You're not alone. This has been reported many, many times and the developers are working on a fix. Yes, it's annoying and I can't wait for it to be resolved.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• TryangleTryangle Member Posts: 37

I dunno man, when it takes less time to save my project and relaunch it, than it does to press the back button, I would say something is seriously broken. I hope this is on the top of their to-do list because its kind of, I dunno, making GS bad.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351

There is no question something is seriously broken. A cursory search of the forums will tell you this, along with some tips on speeding things up. And will confirm that yes, this is top of their to-do list.

• TryangleTryangle Member Posts: 37

Good to know, thanks all.