what can i do with templates?

Hello! I am new to gamesalad. And I just want to know what can I do with templates if I purchase templates from the market place? Like can I turn a character that comes with the template to a whole completely new character? Also, are there any books you can recommend for making games at a beginner level? I am a graphics designer and I want to practice and learn how to create some games.

Comments

• floatingwoofloatingwoo Los Angeles, Calif.Member Posts: 393

For most of the templets out there the graphics are going to be pretty basic. If they are any good at all they will probably be water marked. Having a templet allows you to see all the graphics that were used how many animation frames they used and at what size, and orientation. Being a graphic designer I would think you would jump at the chance to make your own designs,stripping out the templets graphics and re-skinning it with your own. I think just about any place that offers templets will say up front weather the graphics are for re-use. I went through a lot of free stuff , built several games off of youtube vids before I bought a templet I would recommend doing that first.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You can start with the Cookbook or Youtube (gamesalad + any other term such as high score or platformer etc.) or check out various people's tutorials -- mine are linked in my signature.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User