GameSalad Maintenance Window: Monday, March 23, 2015, 0600-0700 GMT

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052
edited March 2015 in News from the Dev Team

We'll be taking down our authentication servers at Monday March 23, 1:00 AM US CT (0600 GMT). We expect the outage to be less than 5 minutes, but we're reserving up to an hour because of the complexity of the operation.

During this time, you will not be able to log in to forums if you are not already logged in and you will not be able to publish or log in to GameSalad Creator. We're spending the rest of the week to make sure the window is as small as possible.

We're going to be doing a switch-over to TWO, count them TWO auth servers to improve availability and speed for our users. This is the first in a number of infrastructure upgrades to make the GameSalad online experience better for our users.

Keep an eye on this thread to check if anything changes.

Cheers!

Comments

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078
    edited March 2015

corrected post.

Great news.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

Sounds good, what is the correct date is it this Sunday the 21st :)

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Thanks! :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052
    edited March 2015

Corrected, Monday 23rd (also known to most in my time zone as Sunday night).

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Sweeet. Dat redundancy.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

I got the date wrong too and I have a calendar above my screen :p

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

Good News....Gamesalad Rocks :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

Great! I'll be able to make games twice as fast... yeah, like two a year. :D

• YonipmYonipm SpainMember, PRO Posts: 65

Hi, I have a problem when generating app in portfolio. He always says "In order to download the executable file for your game, you will need to complete the form shown here.". All fields have them refilled and have tried many times. It happens with fire tv, android and kindle. It is always "Generate pendig" and I can not sign the app.
    What is the matter ?. It is for maintenance?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

@Yonipm please submit a support ticket and make sure to include the publishing portfolio URL (http://publish.gamesalad.com/games/xxxxx/edit) in the ticket. PM me when you submit the ticket and I'll take a look at what's going on.

Maintenance window is complete. We didn't get to two servers, but that's going to be easy to add. We did get on our new server with a newer tech stack where you'll definitely see some improvement and we should be able to add that second server without an outage!

There was a slight problem with forum logins for a bit, but that was resolved. Thanks for your patience! If you hear of anyone having problems, post in this thread and I'll check again in the morning!

• kganczakkganczak Member, PRO Posts: 18

awesome news...thats what we like to hear! improvements. Great work and thanks.