Confirmation of facebook sharing

Hi everyone , I just want to know that is there any way to get a confirmation by facebook when user share our game link . Just to do proceeding steps in game. Actually I want to unlock my characters in game when anybody share my game on fb but how can i get confirmation that he has shared my game in reality or internet access is denied or not. I tried but just only clicking fb button still having no internet connection and pressing back button and not sharing at all I am getting my character unlocked . How can I do this?

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Unfortunately You cannot check if the player has successfully done the task as we have no callback to check. All you can do is award the player for clicking the link/button. Regardless of what happens next, (whether they fulfill the task by liking/sharing etc) the award will be granted. Which sounds like you already have set if up like this. It's not a big loss because I bet 90% of people wouldn't know or realise they don't need to do the task and will take your instruction as face value. If I saw an instruction saying "share this to unlock game" I would just share it I wouldn't stop and double back to see on the off chance if I can wangle it. However I'm sure that a small percent will have no internet and will get the reward without compiling the task, but is it really an issue? Not really, there playing your game right!

• deepanshi guptadeepanshi gupta Member Posts: 63

thank you for reply

@gingagaming i just want to know that if i do this same with twitter so that it will give us call back or not that a user has shared or not ?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Nope. We have no call backs on twitter either. The only callback we can get is from a store (amazon, google & iOS) we can use that call back to check if we have purchased something (which is standard practice) or the only other thing we can do is use it for checking if the player is connected to an internet connection. Detection of an internet connection can help you avoid half your problem (as you need an internet connection to post on twitter or share on FB) but if they back out of the process with a valid internet connection, they can still wangle it without sharing.

Thankyou , How can I check internet connection in gamesalad @gingagaming