Stable Release 0.13.7- FireTV Support Fixes (Updated)

Comments

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374

@jonmulcahy said:

Thanks - I decided to just convert all the Sound(Speech) to Music (Speech) and after rebuilding it my Story Book app passed both Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire Stick.

Too bad I did not see your other suggestion about turning down the volume before I made the changes.

I did get this from the Amazon tester: (This did not fail my app but is still an issue with Amazon)

Observation:- App does not capture Audio Focus at the time a video is played. To avoid any possible audio clash, app needs to capture audio focus when video content is played. : Steps to recreate error: 1.Install the app 2.Launch any music player app like pandora 3.No launch "Three Little Pigs A Play FTV " 4.Select "read to me" Actual result:Observe there is audio clash between pandora and app's audio Expected result:App should capture audio focus and there should not be clash between pandora and app's audio

• cph127cph127 Member, PRO Posts: 26

Hi Gamesalad,
    Did you guys have had an opportunity to includes extensionfiles for bigger games for android?
    Cheers,
    Thomas

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@cph127 said:
    Hi Gamesalad,
    Did you guys have had an opportunity to includes extensionfiles for bigger games for android?
    Cheers,
    Thomas

not yet, but there is a feature request for it:
    http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=188

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

Hi GS guys! This version is running much slower for me than 12.20 stable. It hangs a lot and I get the rainbow beachball after just a few minutes in. Plus it takes much longer just to launch the application itself. Please look into this devs... Thanks for the great effort! :)

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

I am looking into it right now.

• jasonnowakjasonnowak Member Posts: 67

I second this. 12.20 was definitely headed in the right direction with performance on Yosemite. The latest stable is super sluggish again. Wish I could go back now :(

@33miles said:
    Hi GS guys! This version is running much slower for me than 12.20 stable. It hangs a lot and I get the rainbow beachball after just a few minutes in. Plus it takes much longer just to launch the application itself. Please look into this devs... Thanks for the great effort! :)

• tkullatkulla Member Posts: 64

13.7 (along with some help from @phamtastic) worked great for me to get my first game up on FireTV.

Lost Balloon has only been up a few days but I find the download rate to be slightly better than a Google Play app - 58 downloads in three days so far. I'm not really looking to make money on this one at all - I just like my Fire TV and wanted to play one of my games on it. Just the same I'd love to hear any hints anyone has as to how to promote a game for the FireTV (websites or whatever that have a good audience of Fire TV owners).

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354
  • GSAnimatorGSAnimator Member Posts: 312

@BlackCloakGS What about portrait game, can I submit a portrait view game for Fire TV.

@GSAnimator said:
    BlackCloakGS What about portrait game, can I submit a portrait view game for Fire TV.

you can submit it, but i'm not sure if amazon will approve it, it's a big waste of space on a TV screen.

can you turn it into a widescreen game?

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Is it a delay when you press a button on Fire TV , or is it just me

@freneticz said:
    Is it a delay when you press a button on Fire TV , or is it just me

not that i noticed, it seems very responsive. I have videos of it in action here:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/80512/a-long-way-home-wip-thread-for-conversion-to-firetv-gamepad-support#latest

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

I haven't had the chance to try out this version. Is there any improvement on the iOS device crashing issue? Any other major faults of this one compared to 12.20?

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@FallacyStudios said:
    I haven't had the chance to try out this version. Is there any improvement on the iOS device crashing issue? Any other major faults of this one compared to 12.20?

I'm wondering the same.
    A couple of weeks ago a forum member published test results showing memory increase in published apps, which would eventually lead to a crash. Is this issue now fixed??
    (unfortunately I can't remember who ran the tests.. or find them anywhere right now!)

I'm reluctant to update from 12.20 also.

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@DigiChain Same here. I think it might have been @Hopscotch that ran those tests if I'm not mistaken.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@FallacyStudios - yes, that rings a bell...
    @Hopscotch - do you know if GS have fixed the memory issues in this stable release (.13.7) which you had highlighted in your performance tests?

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@BlackCloakGS does creator support bluetooth joystick or just wired? because I can detect my bluetooth nyko play pad pro but sticks and buttons not working.

edited March 2015

@BBEnk Yes, we support bluetooth and usb joysticks. We only support the gamepads here in creator. That will NOT work in creator but should work on Firetv or android. If that is your only gamepad you can use the viewer to test.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@BlackCloakGS said:
    BBEnk Yes, we support bluetooth and usb joysticks. We only support the gamepads here in creator. That will NOT work in creator but should work on Firetv or android. If that is your only gamepad you can use the viewer to test.

No I also have a Xbox360 controller and it works perfect in creator but just got this Nyko bluetooth and it was not working and I thought I might be doing something wrong.

Thanks

Android controllers don't conform the the HID standard very well. They do thing like report a min of -1 and max 1 and then when you move the analog stick they give values out side that range and i have not to gotten around to finding a solution on mac to handle this. However android expects this and so they work find in android. That is the long reason for why the analog sticks do not work right now and why we don't support them on mac.

• blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    edited March 2015

delete

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2015

Hi guys, this has to be the worst version I've used performance wise, I'm running latest mavericks, I can not get more than 10 min work done before it all slows down and I have to restart GS! pretty frustrating. I'm really trying to make some fire tv games but its just too hard considering how unstable the build is for me.

I want to purchase another year of pro "not that I have anything to release just now! but I like to support you guys!" but I really cant justify it until its sorted out a little bit, I'm even looking towards unity and playmaker now as its actually cheaper! I love GS and the community but if the builds are largely unsuitable I don't know how I can keep using it :( I know previous versions have had their share of problems but they worked much better than this current one!

I'll stick with GS for a few more months I guess and see if it improves and I guess ill roll back to 12.20 and do the fire tv stuff in 13.7 rite at the end! :) good luck with it guys

Jay

@jay2dx said:
    Hi guys, this has to be the worst version I've used performance wise, I'm running latest mavericks, I can not get more than 10 min work done before it all slows down and I have to restart GS! pretty frustrating. I'm really trying to make some fire tv games but its just too hard considering how unstable the build is for me.

I want to purchase another year of pro "not that I have anything to release just now! but I like to support you guys!" but I really cant justify it until its sorted out a little bit, I'm even looking towards unity and playmaker now as its actually cheaper! I love GS and the community but if the builds are largely unsuitable I don't know how I can keep using it :( I know previous versions have had their share of problems but they worked much better than this current one!

I'll stick with GS for a few more months I guess and see if it improves and I guess ill roll back to 12.20 and do the fire tv stuff in 13.7 rite at the end! :) good luck with it guys

Jay

They're currently switching game salad over to the new garage collector which should resolve most of the performance issues. Hopefully it's out in a few weeks with s nightly sooner.

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

@jay2dx said:

Jay

You are not alone Jay. I had too add some controller rules in all 100 of my levels and should have took 2-3 hours to do but rather took a little more than 6 hours because of this issue. I feel your pain.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@BlackCloakGS I know it's only been a week, but how is the ARC conversion going? Lot's of little things pop up that need to be looked over manually?

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

So I've been using version 12.20 again for over 2 hours now, NO ISSUES at all to report, its running like butter! :) i just hope they can get the latest version back up to a good standard, i appreciate its still beta and all, we're rooting for you GS team!

J

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

I just invoiced a client for work and had to deduct $300 from my usual fee for the hours spent due to being maybe 50% productive with any version of GameSalad right now. I really hope that nightly comes soon as I'm losing real money here :(

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Armelline try using 12.20 if able to, its so much better to work with.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@Lovejoy said:
    Armelline try using 12.20 if able to, its so much better to work with.

Unfortunately if a client sends me a file made with a more recent version, I have little option. I could manually edit the version number of the project file, but that is potentially risky with all the features and default attributes added since.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Armelline said:
    Unfortunately if a client sends me a file made with a more recent version, I have little option. I could manually edit the version number of the project file, but that is potentially risky with all the features and default attributes added since.

Yea i get you, thats why i said if able too. This definitely needs fixing though, i think @BlackCloakGS mentioned he was working on it.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una