What will happen if i post a score in game center when the net is not available?

dagsendagsen Member, PRO Posts: 27

Hey guys...
What will happen if there is no net connection, when i post a new score to game center?
Will it automatically just to submit the score when the net is available again?
or do i have to post the score again when the net become available again?

I know i can just make the game submit my highscore every time I open the game, but then there is no point in having a dailyscore board on gamecenter.

Hope you understand my question... English is hard :smiley:

Answers

• wcsd9739wcsd9739 Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2015

I bet a message would just appear saying something like "No internet connection." But I'm not sure as I've never tried it before.

• klickinkklickink Member Posts: 35

@dagsen if you want a daily score board (and a all time score I'm assuming?) make two high score save attributes, one for each, and submit both when they log in. have the daily reset every time the game.day (month,year) is > saved attribute of game.day (month,year) this will let it know its a new day and to set the daily to 0. Don't know if thats what you were asking but I hope that helps.

• dagsendagsen Member, PRO Posts: 27

Thanks @klickink :blush:
    I already have implemented the system you are talking about, but thanks anyway

My only problem is... What if the player beats his highscore, but the internet is not available

I just dont want my users to end up having a higher highscore on their device than in gamecenter

I could easily solve this by just posting the highscore every time you login, but that will ruin the daily highscore in gamecenter, because the highest score will always be submitted

• WOLFENSTEINWOLFENSTEIN Member, PRO Posts: 64

This isn't exactly a fix for your problem just an idea. (I'll most likely get hate for suggesting it but we're all here to try and make a bit of money from app development).

If they have no internet connection, they can't view adds, no revenue for you. So maybe scores don't get saved if they haven't got an active internet connection? Queue a message like "Sorry! We can't submit your score while you're offline."

Could easily be done with attributes, just food for thought. :)