Broken GS File

AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I thought it would never happen to me... but it did.

I had two attributes, one a boolen named PlayerDead and one, an integer named Life. I have no idea why I did it as I should have just been using the Life integer to control whether or not the ship is dead. Anyway, I went through and removed all instances of PlayerDead and set everything up to look for Life instead. When I ran the game... black screen of death... actors not spawning, dying, yada yada.

Luckily, I back up a lot so I haven't lost anything.

My question is this. I really want to optimise the code... is GS going to do this every time I go through and remove stuff? Really annoying as leaving it in there is just plain messy...

Comments

• chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    make sure theres no missing attribute or anything... Your games not broken.. It just cant run with missing attributes
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Hmm, I'm fairly certain I got em all. Thanks though, I'll have another look through :)
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Yes, the black screen is caused by a syntax error.

Sometimes an extra/missing parenthesis, but usually a 'dangling' Attribute...

Look at all of your Rules for 'self' and 'game' with no Attribute attached.

Check the 'otherwise' sections as well.
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Found em all... some were hiding as I'd edited the actors attributes within the viewer, not the prototypes. All sorted :)