iADs setup

Subhi A.Subhi A. Member Posts: 21

Hi all

anyone can give us a free template or a video explaining how to use iADs (ads for android too) from A to Z? 'cause i tried a lot and dont know what to do

thanks

Best Answers

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Posts: 2,343
    edited January 2015 Accepted Answer

@Subhi A.

When you say you have tried....have you adhoc tested an app and it didnt work?

Just a few simple intructions should get you up and running...for iAds follow these.

1. Create an actor called iAds...it can be called anything but this is what I do. Make its dimensions 320x50. Make the alpha channel color to 0.0

2. Drag the "pro" behavior called "show banner" into that actor and chose top or bottom.

3. With your scene open in viewer...from the inspector drag that actor (iAds) to the top or bottom...whichever you had chosen and place it there.

4. Click play button. A message will be displayed that says "banner ads are not supported but this is when a banner ad woukd be shown"

5. Now....when you pubkish in the GS app signing portal...you want to make sure and scroll down after the olace where you woukd choose you splash screen images and click the box that says iAds.

6. From there...sign your app with an adhoc provisioning profile and test it on your phone.

If your neededing any help actually publishing as well...check out my "complete"...pretty up to date videos on publishing. See link below.

I hope this helps you.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Posts: 2,343
    Accepted Answer

I understand if only using iAds you dont have to check IFDA...I always did and was approved so thats not clear to me anymore.

Answers

• Subhi A.Subhi A. Member Posts: 21

thanks @Thunder_Child‌ for the comment, my game is already on apple store and android but i am trying to use advertising on the free version.

i did all what you said and already saw all videos and they were really useful, i did try the new version with ads with test flight and submit it, waiting for the accept or reject ..

i decide this time to choose no for IDFA, but if it rejected, what choices i have to chose there??

see the attachment

i did exactly as you told me, its easy clear steps, they approve the app, but no iADs inside yet, it take time to appear or something could be wrong? @Thunder_Child ,

thanks in advance

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Subhi A. said:
    i did exactly as you told me, its easy clear steps, they approve the app, but no iADs inside yet, it take time to appear or something could be wrong? Thunder_Child ,

thanks in advance

iAds can take up to a few days to appear.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    edited February 2015

I think I saw there are some issues with the new "stable" release of GS and iAds. Read through the too sticky thread from GS about 12.20. I believe this may be where the issue is. Not sure. Would suck to have to do your publish all over again if this is why.

@Lovejoy curious you say it may take a few days for iAds...Ive never experienced that.

@Thunder_Child said:
    Lovejoy curious you say it may take a few days for iAds...Ive never experienced that.

Has happened plenty of times my friend. :) I think the longest for me has been 3 days before it started showing up in one of my games.

now 5 days and no ads yet, i have the latest gs installed and publish through it

• Case86Case86 Member, PRO Posts: 35

have u accepted the right agreements in apple member center?

@Case86 said:
    have u accepted the right agreements in apple member center?

yes Sir, sure i did

@Subhi A. said:
    yes Sir, sure i did

Did the iAd banner appear during adhoc testing?

i did not do that, i mean testing

I 'v just install new version to test flight, no ads yet

1. my game is all horizontal. is that effect anything?
    2. I live in Kuwait, is that effect anything?

thanks for your help so far, I know it became an old subject but really canot help it