Huuuuge Lag Spikes In GameSalad Mac

alexconsincalexconsinc Member Posts: 54

Hello,

In my basic edition of GameSalad, I've recently been experiencing huge lag spikes when I change between actors and scenes. It is horrible to work with and I am not exaggerating: I took 10 minutes to change the colour of 4 actors.

It started a few months ago, when I had 4GB of ram on my 2011 21.5 inch system and bought another 4GB a few weeks ago. No improvement.

When I run the game though, it is smooth and no lag. It happens, like stated before, changing between actors and scenes.

Any tips?

Thanks

Comments

• alexconsincalexconsinc Member Posts: 54

EDIT: It even lags when I scroll down through the actors tab

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Are you using a Mac or PC? In my opinion, 8GB of RAM would be a minimum for a Mac especially one running a recently released OS. With 4GB, I would expect quite a few problems not just with GameSalad but with other applications as well. What operating system are you running?

Does this happen with new projects or only existing ones? With the existing ones, do you have many (e.g. 30+) rules in any of the actors? Are there many nested rules?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited January 2015

@tatiang It says in the title I'm on Mac lol. I just tried an older project and it actually works fine on my existing projects, so thanks for telling me that! My new project (the laggy one) has few rules and only about 6 attributes, and a total of 5 MB so far. I'm on Yosemite

@tatiang I just went back into my new project and lags much less after opening my older project. Pretty weird. I think for now, when it starts lagging, I'll open up an old project and then switch back to this one.

Thanks

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@alexconsinc said:
    tatiang It says in the title I'm on Mac lol.

Oops! I'll blame it on Monday. Sorry!

I'm on Yosemite

That could be the issue. I saw that there's a new release for 64-bit systems. You might give it a try:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/76474/release-candidate-0-12-18-is-available-with-ios-64-bit-support#latest

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang Just downloaded and seems to work smoothly. Thanks for the reply :smile: