X and Y coordinates?

drewvydrewvy Member Posts: 3

Im trying to have objects fall from the top randomly, kind of like an endless runner but vertically. I can figure out my min and max coordinates because there is no way of telling where they are. Is the top left corner (0,0) like most softwares? It seems the coordinates are just placed randomly, cant figure it out.

Comments

• drewvydrewvy Member Posts: 3

well my email is forever out there thanks to gamesalad having my display name as my email and even though i changed it, it wont change so whatever. If one of the people could delete the post that would be nice because i cant delete it.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2015

@drewvy said:
    I can figure out my min and max coordinates because there is no way of telling where they are.

That sentence makes no sense :o (to me at least).

@drewvy22 said:
    Is the top left corner (0,0) like most softwares?

0,0 is bottom left.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I've changed your username for you. If it switches back, send a private message to @ForumNinja‌.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    I've changed your username for you. If it switches back, send a private message to ForumNinja‌.

Changed the name in my quotes too.

@Socks said:
    Changed the name in my quotes too.

Interesting. I didn't expect that.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    Interesting. I didn't expect that.

Sorry, I was a little vague . . . I was just saying that I've changed his name in my post (where I quote his post) :smile:

Lol @Socks... you had me believing it auto-corrected somehow. Ah, okay, makes more sense now.

• drewvydrewvy Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015

i meant cant not can

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited January 2015

X left and right, Y up and down.... are you asking for specific pixel coordinates within a specific screen resolution?