Sound Effects/Music Not Working - Also Memory Issue

Kid_Ninja_GamesKid_Ninja_Games Member, PRO Posts: 25

Hello GS,
Starting yesterday, GameSalad Creator no longer lets me change sounds in my game. I have tried the following:

*Importing as music instead of sound
*Titling the new sound the exact same as the old sound and replacing it
*Deleted GameSalad creator and reinstalled
*Deleted original sound (which plays and works when previewing), then added it back to GameSalad

All with no success. Also I noticed that when I made a few changes I didn't like, I closed GameSalad without saving. When I opened my project the changes I made, and didn't want to save, were there as if I saved the project.

Is this being reported by anyone else?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited November 2014

@Kid_Ninja_Games said:
    Also I noticed that when I made a few changes I didn't like, I closed GameSalad without saving. When I opened my project the changes I made, and didn't want to save, were there as if I saved the project.

Yeah, that's basically how GS works, it's something you need to be careful about.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Yes GS does this. It will drive you nuts sometimes.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Also I noticed that when I made a few changes I didn't like, I closed GameSalad without saving. When I opened my project the changes I made, and didn't want to save, were there as if I saved the project.

Yep sods law, Its saves when you dont want it to and the doesnt save when you needed it too.

...It can only get "Beta"

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

A Game Salad Project is actually just a folder with all the files inside (the project itself, the images, sounds, tables, etc).

And as soon as you import a sound, image or table, they go directly into the project folder, overwriting anything inside. So whether you save, or not, that file is in there.

Beware! :)

I save iteratively throughout the day, so I have my own "undo system". If I'm going to import new images or sounds or tables, I often save as a new filename first, in case I want to go back. It takes up a bit of hard drive space, but you can always go back and delete the old backup projects if you run low on space. :)

I'm up to v1498 of my latest project. :)

It's also fun to be able to load old projects and see how the project developed over time. :)

@gingagaming said:
    ...It can only get "Beta"

@Hymloe said:
    I save iteratively throughout the day, so I have my own "undo system". If I'm going to import new images or sounds or tables, I often save as a new filename first, in case I want to go back. It takes up a bit of hard drive space, but you can always go back and delete the old backup projects if you run low on space. :)

It's also fun to be able to load old projects and see how the project developed over time. :)

Yep, I'm on 'Clean Build (x button) 255', it's really useful being able to go back to version 25 or whatever and ask yourself, are these new button really any better than the old ones, and a lot of stuff like that.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Hymloe said:

+1

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una