Which version of GS creator do you use to build and publish apps?

WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

Do you think GS team should drop the Windows version and focus more on "Mac" and the "Cross platform creator"?

Comments

• Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326

You really need to drop this issue :P .It would be understandable that GS would know whats going on. Maybe they need to support windows and release updates to maintain funding by insuring they have enough users.

Windows are people no different to you who also pay for pro. I am sure they would love Mac support dropped so resources go into windows and cross platform creator.

Either way, GS has always been committed to creating a better windows version and still work on the cross platform creator. Clearly something going on behind the scenes that warrants these decisions.

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

@Tiny_Ideas said:
    You really need to drop this issue :P .It would be understandable that GS would know whats going on. Maybe they need to support windows and release updates to maintain funding by insuring they have enough users.

Windows are people no different to you who also pay for pro. I am sure they would love Mac support dropped so resources go into windows and cross platform creator.

Either way, GS has always been committed to creating a better windows version and still work on the cross platform creator. Clearly something going on behind the scenes that warrants these decisions.

That is a brilliant Idea @Tiny_Ideas and I agree with you that GS should postpone all version updates for both Mac and Windows and focus on just the cross platform GS creator!!!

If you think about that, once they change over to the cross platform GS creator they could spend the time updating just one GS creator and we would all be on the same sheet of music, and what a great note it would be!

And, I also noticed you had input but did not say which version of the GS creator you use...

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Wboko‌ You can't just stop updating both versions either, there is constant changes that go on with Apple, google, amazon that need to be implemented into Gamesalad. Stopping the updates would just make every gamesalad user not be able to publish games.

Like @Tiny_Ideas‌ said, you should just drop this whole subject, its just not going to happen regardless of how many times its asked or talked about.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

@raycur09 said:
    Wboko‌ You can't just stop updating both versions either, there is constant changes that go on with Apple, google, amazon that need to be implemented into Gamesalad. Stopping the updates would just make every gamesalad user not be able to publish games.

Like Tiny_Ideas‌ said, you should just drop this whole subject, its just not going to happen regardless of how many times its asked or talked about.

Don't you think that would depend on how close they are to completing the cross platform GS creator...

Still do not see either of you saying what version you use.. weird you just say drop it when all I asked was simple poll...

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Wboko said:
    Still do not see either of you saying what version you use.. weird you just say drop it when all I asked was simple poll...

I use a Mac, and based on your most recent comments this is more than just a "simple poll".

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Wboko‌ -- There was a poll about this two weeks ago or so. The numbers will not have changed much since then.

Anyhow, this point has been made and talked about in the past. If GS were very close to completing the cross-platform Creator, and it was only a few weeks from being finished, they would focus on it exclusively, believe me, but it simply isn't the case.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Wboko‌ Interesting poll. So far 9 members have participated - all Mac.

An impromptu poll was taken at one of the GS online Meet-ups recently and all were Mac too.

@raycur09 said:
    Wboko‌ You can't just stop updating both versions either, there is constant changes that go on with Apple, google, amazon that need to be implemented into Gamesalad. Stopping the updates would just make every gamesalad user not be able to publish games.

I agree with this. If the GS Team did not work so diligently on all the versions of 0.12.xx, where would we be now? We went too long without a stable release and almost everyone was on hold for weeks. Only a few were game to submit using an RC and I'm not one of them.