0.8.7 memory leaks partially fixed

ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Good job on 0.8.7. I see that you improved the memory leak situation a lot. But there are still memory leaks. They are obvious if you hook GameSalad up to Instruments. It show you exactly where the leaks are.

I don't presume to assume you didn't know that, but just in case...

It's sort of a pain in the butt to have to restart GameSalad after a couple of hours of use.

I have 8GB of ram on my MacBook and GameSalad eventually begins to slowdown and spin the CPU out of control until I restart GameSalad.

My hunch is that it has something to do with the "dirty" flag being set all the time even when nothing is changed in the project. Why am I prompted to save if I haven't changed anything?

Perhaps the undo buffer is choking?

The web-page type metaphore you have for the UI is really not the best solution. Multiple windows one for each open Actor and one for the Scene itself would be better. That way we can have more than one actor open at a time and work in more places than once. The back/forward history buffer is probably also causing some slowdown.

I'm just trying to be helpful. Love the product, but this memory leak / constant restart issue has got to go!

Comments