Default-568h@2x.png is black

joelrushjoelrush Member, PRO Posts: 6

I have added all the required loading images and when published the GS system makes the scaled down (iPhone5) version from the iPhone6 PNG file that is now required just fine. However the Default-568h@2x.png is just black!

When the game loads i just get a black screen on iPhone5 and up.

I opened up the app package contents to see that all the other graphics have been created just fine, only the Default-568h@2x.png is black?

I opened a support ticket on Thursday ... it is too soon to expect a reply?

FYI, I have published 9 other apps to date without issues, this only started to happen since the iPhone6 size graphic was asked for.

Comments

• LooseMooseLooseMoose Member Posts: 224

Hi, I had the same problem as you. If you haven't found the solution yet what I did was
    just drop my iPhone 5 loading screen in the app package contents and renamed it to Default-568h@2x.png.

The loading screen now appears on my iPhone 5.

• joelrushjoelrush Member, PRO Posts: 6

Yep,tried that. I viewed package contents and swapped the PNG but then the app seemed to be unsigned or something so would not install when i put it on my iPhone via iTunes?

How did you manage it?

@LooseMoose said:
    Hi, I had the same problem as you. If you haven't found the solution yet what I did was
    just drop my iPhone 5 loading screen in the app package contents and renamed it to Default-568h@2x.png.

The loading screen now appears on my iPhone 5.

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934

Once you modify the final app package it is no longer accepted by the device. Did GS ever respond to your support request?

• joelrushjoelrush Member, PRO Posts: 6

Nope, still waiting for a response. I have a support ticket open since October 16th that has yet to be picked up. Whats the usual wait time for a response for a Pro user?

My support ticket says it been assigned to Tan Tran. Maybe they are on holiday :)

@tenrdrmer said:
    Once you modify the final app package it is no longer accepted by the device. Did GS ever respond to your support request?

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934

Honestly I'm not sure if they have changed their times since they changed the support system to be more open and viewable to everyone.

I would think you should have heard something by now.

I shot him a message. We'll see if we can get some answers for you.

Cheers.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Sorry i will go see what the hold up is.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

We are looking into it today.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,135

FYI. It seems that when we updated image generation for 0.12.x we broke it for 0.11.x. We probably won't be fixing it unless anyone specifically needs to stick with 0.11.x and sends in a support ticket.