Updating Display Text Block

So, I've been trying to make a game that has a score display at the top and for the display I am using the "Display Text" block. So what I can't figure out how to do is how to make the text update when the score attribute changes. One thing I also don't quite get is what a "persistent" type block is. The "Display Text" block is a persistent type; does that mean it's suppose to keep updating? One thing I have tried is to put the display text block inside a timer so that it displays the value of the score attribute every quarter of a second, but while it appears to change when the attribute increments, it keeps blinking over and over! (Trust me, it doesn't look good)
Does anybody know how to fix this?

Answers

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

"Score"..game.score if you don't need text then just the attribute game.score or ETC.

• I don't think that helps BBEnk. I have the "Display Text" block working to display the contents of the "score" attribute (game.score). But whenever "score" increments, the display remains unchanged and I don't know of a way to update it. Putting in another "Display Text" block does seem to update it and change the display to the current state, but it appears to blink and looks bad.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Oh I see sorry, heres a demo I made for someone it uses score have look and see how it works.

• @BBEnk said:
    Oh I see sorry, heres a demo I made for someone it uses score have look and see how it works.

Oh, thank you! The trouble is I am having a hard time finding the difference. My score is incremented whenever an actor moves past a certain point on the x axis. For me, my score is incrementing, but my text display isn't changing when the score does.