Amazon Free App of the Day, Advice ? What to do?

Keep getting emails from Amazon about it, any way to monetize from it ? Advice? ...help

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

Other people on the forums have had Amazon offer that -- I believe most said it wasn't worth it in the long run - you get a lot of downloads, but a lot of terrible reviews...Some people, even if it's a good game, just leave bad reviews. You can search for those threads on the forums.

• EbreezeEbreeze Member, PRO Posts: 481

yeah, saw some of the posts, just wondering if maybe keeping the app free or something after the promotion keeps it in the charts to get revenue...just wondering if anyone had any luck making money off it

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

Hi Ebreeze,
    I'm one of those people who got stung by the Amazon Free App promotion. At the time virus checkers were reporting a lot of false positives on Gamesalad games which led to load of bad reviews, this issue has been addressed somewhat since but I think there are still some false positives been reported by over zealous virus checkers!

I personally wouldn't do the free promotion again, and wouldn't recommend it. You'll reach some of the wrong audience who will give you poor reviews and in the long run my sales have suffered as a result of it. I did however see a small increase in sales of my other games at the time of the promotion.

Anyway, that's just my experience. Maybe other people have been more successful with it. Let us know what you decide to do.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

I found running my own free promotions work better than Amazons own. Say around holiday times, I run a weekend free promotion and saw good increase in sales. I also used Amazons own advertising when it was in beta and saw zero impact on sales from it.

Even when I look at my chartboost revenue, Amazon users don't click ads compared to say Google Play. However, Amazon users are more likely to purchase against Googles 'want everything for free' attitude

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon