OK, so what's happening with GS.com?

pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
edited August 2014 in Tech Support

It started about two days ago when Publishing Portal became really slow. And now the avatars on the forums don't show, but more importantly, Publishing Portal is completely offline. And GameSalad Creator cannot even connect to the servers (invalid response), so I cannot work with PRO features for the time being.

That means no publishing possible, and the work I can do right now is limited. I understand there can be technical problems, and that's fine, but since it's been two days since small problems cropped up, it would be nice to hear from the GS team (@BlackCloakGS‌ etc.) what is going on and ideally, how long this is going to take to resolve...

Also, this is me hoping that the new cross-platform Creator will be capable of publishing (and getting fully unlocked as PRO) on it's own, without any internet needed, so we don't rely on an external server (and yes, I also am away from the internet at times, however crazy that might sound nowadays) to generate files. Yeah, for final publishing to Apple (or Google, etc.) we need to be connected to the internet, but for a majority of the development process and ad-hoc testing, once you have provisioning profiles in place, you can in theory work offline, if it weren't for the GS approach to publishing.

Anyhow, end of rant. I love GS, it's a great tool, but sometimes these things are a slight torn in the eye -- especially if you are 'in the zone' and are in the middle of a workday -- and I feel it's not necessary for it to be this way (couldn't Creator publish without internet connection back in the day?).

P.S.: Yes, I know I should submit this on the Support Portal, an that GS staff doesn't frequent the Tech Support page, but it turns out that the Support Portal is down as well.

Comments

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881

I am missing the avatars too, not published anything today. Mind you they are in Austin US so probably will not react for the next couple of hours.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited August 2014

@LumpApps‌ -- Is your Creator connecting to the server and logging in? Can you access the PRO behaviors?

It's mainly that no one from the GS side had said anything for the two days that the sever has been slow, and I'm slightly worried this might continue into the weekend.

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881

Nope, not logging in :(

Same problem as me. Well, at least we know it's a universal system down, not something on our side.

• weblantisweblantis Member, PRO Posts: 114

At my end looks like it's fixed. Iwas able to publish a new game.

Yep, back up!

Great!