Updating GS Viewer with iOS Simulator Issues

aquamonkeyaquamonkey Member, PRO Posts: 36

Ever since I updated GS to 0.11.0.14, I have not been able to use the GS Viewer on iOS Simulator and I'm also unable to update GS Viewer as the system prompts me to. On Xcode, using the build command with Release, Xcode returns 209 issues. Is there a known issue with installing the latest GS Viewer for iOS Simulator?

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

The viewer doesn't work in the simulator right now.

• aquamonkeyaquamonkey Member, PRO Posts: 36

Thanks, it would be great to know when it will start working again or if GS even plans to make that happen.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@aquamonkey yes we do have plans to make it work again

• zebulon618zebulon618 Member Posts: 1

@BlackCloakGS said:
    aquamonkey yes we do have plans to make it work again

Is there any way to revert to an old GS build in order to use the current viewer? ...not being able to test on my iphone is a massive deal-breaker :'(

• aquamonkeyaquamonkey Member, PRO Posts: 36

Thanks for confirming this @BlackCloakGS‌ I will be waiting impatiently, with ants in my pants ; ) Not sure if this would bump up the priority on this, but I wanted to add that not only is the iOS Simulator an essential tool for testing, it's essential for recording app demo videos encased within an iPhone or iPad image...in my opinion it helps to set videos apart from others. I will have to find a less favorable alternative, but app videos are pretty much a requirement now for app review submissions and of course, enticing buyers. I'm not venting, just providing an argument to hopefully help this cause.