Hello all. Need clarification please and thank you

tommyrtommyr Member Posts: 1

Hello all. Pleasure to be here. I need clarification before I purchase. I own a PC, but my college has Mac's:

1) So if I want to publish a game on IOS, I need a Mac, but if I use the Mac at my school, do I need to download Game Salad again? Or any other program? I ask because, I am not sure if my school allows students to download and install programs.

2) Stupid question but I'll ask anyway.:P If I want to publish a game on an Iphone and Ipad, do I need to own both? I only have access to an Ipod Touch.

I really want to start making games, so thanks again for your help!:)

Comments

• 3DMA3DMA Member, PRO Posts: 162

Hello and welcome ;-)

You will need to install GameSalad Creator on each and every PC / Mac you want to work on. If you purchase PRO you only log in with your crednetials at the Machine you are currently working on, so no limitations here.

If you want to publish to iOS you will need an own Mac or use "mac in cloud" systems.
    You don't NEED to own any device, but it helps a lot.
    With your iPod touch you are fine. It allows you to do some testing on an actual device as ad hoc testing and GS Preview are not the same.

I hope i covered all questions :wink:

• tommyrtommyr Member Posts: 1

@3DMA said:
    Hello and welcome ;-)

You will need to install GameSalad Creator on each and every PC / Mac you want to work on. If you purchase PRO you only log in with your crednetials at the Machine you are currently working on, so no limitations here.

If you want to publish to iOS you will need an own Mac or use "mac in cloud" systems.
    You don't NEED to own any device, but it helps a lot.
    With your iPod touch you are fine. It allows you to do some testing on an actual device as ad hoc testing and GS Preview are not the same.

I hope i covered all questions :wink:

Hi, thank you for all your help. Appreciate it. Once I am satisfied with my game and ready to publish, do I have the choice of which device I want it to be able to play on? I am asking for both IOS and Android.

• 3DMA3DMA Member, PRO Posts: 162

The ideal would be developing, or better designing your game already having in mind on WHAT device you prefer to see it.

Allthough GameSalad brings all the tools needet to create universal size builds, i highly reccomend to make different Projects for iOS and Android.