Upcoming Legend of Zelda for Wii U

IMakeGamesLikeThisIMakeGamesLikeThis Beaverton, OregonMember Posts: 64

Talk about what you like or dislike about Nintendo's upcoming Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U. I know that we don't know much about it yet, but a lot can be seen from the 1 minute trailer shown at E3 2014. By the way, the game isn't supposed to be released until sometime in 2015 and it has no official name yet, so I'm just calling it 'Zelda 2015'.

Comments

• IMakeGamesLikeThisIMakeGamesLikeThis Beaverton, OregonMember Posts: 64

I really like how you can travel all the way to the mountains that are in the distant background. I also like the idea that the producer, Eiji Aonuma stated about "rethinking the conventions of Zelda." Aonuma said in an interview with Kotaku, "I think people have come to just assume that puzzle-solving will exist in a Zelda game, and I kinda wanna change that, maybe turn it on its ear. As a player progresses through any game, they're making choices. They're making hopefully logical choices to progress them in the game. And when I hear 'puzzle solving' I think of like moving blocks so that a door opens or something like that. But I feel like making those logical choices and taking information that you received previously and making decisions based on that can also be a sort of puzzle-solving. So I wanna kinda rethink or maybe reconstruct the idea of puzzle-solving within the Zelda universe."