Preview game issues

DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hey all,

I'm finally able to "preview" games on my iphone.

- When I preview the game I created only a couple of objects (walls) show up. Everything else is white and empty. why?
- When I launch another game, like the cannon shooter game that came with GS, I get a blank, black, screen on the iPhone. It does say "Ready" in the viewer. The viewer on my laptop shows only the GS logo. The frame count on the sized scrolls through numbers (35, 86, 100, 0, 87,etc)

Comments

• expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Which version of the Iphone GS viewer did you download and which GS version are you using? Make sure they are matching, because they have to be the same in order to preview your games on your iphone
  • DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
    Hi,

GS= v0.8.6
    xcode= v3.2.2
    GS viewer= where do I find this?
    OK, I think I found it.

GS Viewer= 0.8.4
    Ok, there's your problem.

Go to your profile and at the top click manage portfolio. Scroll all the way down and you will see tools that you can download. Download the GS viewer 0.8.6, I believe it is the last one on the list. After that open xcode and re-download GS viewer (the 0.8.6 one) onto your iphone and then your game should work fine on your iphone :)
    B-I-N-G-O!

That was the ticket! Thank you sir!

Now I realize that I set up aiming for my game using arrows (rt/lft) which don't work on an iphone. So much to learn...

Thanks again!
    No problem! :)

Good luck with your game!