Sensor Tower Stats?

Brett_SzpontBrett_Szpont Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Non-GS Game News

Ive recently looked up one of my games on Sensor Tower and saw the estimated amount it was worth and it was very high. Are these stats and rankings reliable?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I take it you signed up for a free account. I can't see any estimate values on the main page, or am I missing something? Without knowing anything about your game and the amount it supposedly is worth, I'd say that my first instinct is if something doesn't sound right, it isn't.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I agree with @tatiang, and even if their estimate was somehow accurate it only does you any good if you can find someone willing to pay that amount for it.

• motorcycle boymotorcycle boy Member Posts: 429

I actually use sensortower and have a basic account. I have found it most useful. I believe they base the value of apps off of number of downloads, ad clicks, usage, etc. I don't think the value they apply to apps is 100% accurate but I think it's a good estimate. I've looked up a lot of apps that are at the top of the charts, and others that are not and seems to make sense the value they apply. There are a lot of tools to use such as seeing what keywords are used by other apps, how much traffic they get, what your ranking is with that keyword, and how many apps use that keyword. They also have information on your downloads, IAP, which countries downloaded your app, what the percentage is per country, etc. I have been using it all year and find it very useful. Most of the information I mentioned is from getting a basic account. They have account types that are more expensive with more tools, but i just have the basic. I think a big mistake people make here is being oblivious to the marketing tools that are out there. If you want to make a living making games then it behooves you to either try a tool like this out or search out other tools. My own two cents.