App Rejected because of adverts?

gazzcoolgazzcool Member Posts: 7

Okay, so I've submitted my first app to the app store. It was rejected for this reason:

"2.25

Your app displays apps, other than your own, for purchase or promotion. This is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, your app contains a section that includes 3rd-party apps from other developers. The attached screenshot has been provided to help show this issue.

It would be appropriate to remove this feature from your app to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines."

Is it really true that you can't promote third party apps? How then is ad revenue supposed to work? Why does Gamesalad even put the adverts there if they cannot be used? I don't believe it is possible to remove the adverts (I'm currently using the free version) does this mean I can't upload my app to the app store without getting the pro version of Gamesalad?

I'm totally baffled by this so please if you could help me in any way that would be great.

Comments

• JayteeJaytee Member Posts: 79

Yes, I'm pretty sure you have to be a pro-member to submit to the App Store, due to the new Apple Guidelines - totally sucks balls m8.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@gazzcool please submit a support ticket

• gazzcoolgazzcool Member Posts: 7

@BlackCloakGS‌ I'm sorry, I don't know what a support ticket is.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    edited July 2014

@gazzcool said:
    BlackCloakGS‌ I'm sorry, I don't know what a support ticket is.

Jesus really? Not sure if you're Stevie Wonder but if you look at the top of the website where it says HELP

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• wirelesstkdwirelesstkd Member Posts: 75

I think what Jigglybean meant to say is: Go to the top of the page where it says "HELP," and click on that. Then click on "SUPPORT" and then choose the option for "ACCOUNT HELP."

Good luck :)

I assume it means he wants me to submit a request? I hadn't heard the term "support ticket" before, that's all, but sarcasm is always appreciated.

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

When you are submitting your app and it asks you long questions about everything you are suppose to press yes to third party advertisement

@zweg25 said:
    When you are submitting your app and it asks you long questions about everything you are suppose to press yes to third party advertisement

I believe I did. But if that was the problem, surely they would have said something like "You didn't say that you were advertising 3rd Party apps", rather than "It would be appropriate to remove this feature from your app to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines."

• aeluleeaelulee Member Posts: 2

If Apple has rejected 3rd party apps from other developers, why does Gamesalad allow it? they should totally remove it from our games!

• Team_KazamidoriTeam_Kazamidori Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2014

Oh that's similar to my problem. Didn't you receive a screenshot with an object like this?
    http://gyazo.com/706e49f74a6f818b7054624504a76e5f

• Team_KazamidoriTeam_Kazamidori Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2014

-just a mistake-

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Check out this video...from beginning through at about 3min 30secs. May help you out.