Problem with the product app when I change scene!

ajfingerajfinger Geneva, SwitzerlandMember, PRO Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

So I just created a hacking game and I got a big issue with it, but it works fine with Game Salad, but not on the actual app on Android. When I want to press the button that is supposed to move to the next scene.. then it does a black screen and reset the game. And I really need to fix this problem ASAP!

this is the information of the actor button

Please download it for free to find what kind of problem can it be! https://play.google.com/apps/publish/?dev_acc=11120241739159698534#StatsPlace:p=com.hakappfree.game&statd=OS_VERSION&statm=CURRENT_DEVICE_INSTALLS

Thank you so much!

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

The button behaviors look fine. The next place I'd look for errors is in the scene it goes to, Choice. Maybe there is something within that scene that is crashing the game.

• ajfingerajfinger Geneva, SwitzerlandMember, PRO Posts: 7
    edited June 2014

thanks for replying Jamie_c !

so I just noticed that yes, maybe there's a problem with that scene. I've added sound once you arrive on this scene.. may this be the issue?
    I will try to upload like that to see if it works!

It still doesn't work... :/

• I am also experiencing a crash when changing scenes in android. I have an actor that when I tap it, it changes scenes.

The iOS version works fine, but the android version crashes.

thanks @dean.schwartz@rocketmail.com ! I really dunno why it is like this on Android..

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

AH-HA! I'm having the SAME problem when moving to the game over screen in my game. Works perfect in arcade and in preview... crashes in android.

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited June 2014

Try adding a timer, see if that cures it...

When touch is released
    Timer: After 0.1 seconds
    Change Scene Choice

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

For mine... I tried changing scene based on a game variable... based on a local variable... tried changing the scene in a different actor... tried calling it inside a timer.

Still get the same issue. But ONLY on the game over screen.

edited June 2014

Thank you guys heaps!!! @gyroscope‌ @ookami007‌
    So I rebuilt the app from zero. and actually it is from the resolution of all the actors..

background aren't bigger than 1024p and all actors 512p. Hope it helps for you guys too.

thanks guys!