GameSalad Bug! Change Scene Behavior

olivernolivern Member, PRO Posts: 17

Hello,

I think I have found a bug with GameSalad on Mac. I have an actor which contains a behaviour which says that if touch is pressed inside, it changes the scene to 'Menu', but when I press it it goes to a different scene 'Gameplay'. I have used the play button instead of GS preview and when I press the actor, it asks me if I want to change scene to 'Gameplay'. I am sure that I have not done anything wrong (you may see the behaviours if you like), it just seems weird that GameSalad would read it like this.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Oliver

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    edited June 2014

I know you don't want to hear this, but I would bet it's bad code. The chance scene behavior has been around for years and is used by thousands of developers without a problem.

Are you sure you don't have an instance of the Actor (unlocked) and maybe you were editing the prototype? Maybe there is an otherwise statement?

Post a screenshot of the rule too, it will help

• olivernolivern Member, PRO Posts: 17

It' okay - I am relatively new to GameSalad so it is probably bad code. I can't see any issues though. I have attached a screenshot of the rules for that actor.

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

You don't need the 'mouse button down' rule I don't think. Try taking that out.

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730
    edited June 2014

Move your change attributes (game.dead and game.score) so they are before the change scene behavior.. and don't write "I am sure that I have not done anything wrong" in the future ;)

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@JSproject said:
    Move your change attributes (game.dead and game.score) so they are before the change scene behavior..

Actors are tied to their scenes. So if you change the scene, that particular actor stops its rules. You want behaviors such as Change Scene to be the last in the list.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Are you sure you only have one scene named "Menu"?

• olivernolivern Member, PRO Posts: 17

Okay thank you, it is working now - I will be sure to never say "I am sure that I have not done anything wrong" again! Haha