Windows GameSalad Issues

softsoundsoftsound Member Posts: 6

Okay, I've run into a few big issues, for one, I can't get any rules or behaviours to work in prototypes, they work fine in the instance window but won't work in the prototype window. I copied and pasted the behaviour, that didn't work, I deleted the behavior and redid it. Nothing. I now have to do everything through instances. (This is on bug is on multiple windows computers). The behaviors just won't run. Log messages don't work either.

I also have an issue with things not showing on in play mode anymore, ah, everything suddenly won't show anymore. It shows in the scene but when I hit play, it disappears, it it is set to visible, alpha 255, I don't change any alpha, images or visible settings through behaviors or rules.... I haven't tried this on a different computer but I'll look over it later to see what might be triggering this issue.... Man, GameSalad is pretty buggy... :(

I hope to figure how what causes some of these issues or at least, find more workarounds.... If anyone has any advice or ideas I would be happy to hear it. Also has anyone else run into this issue? How did you deal with it?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited June 2014

Having only used the PC version several times i have to say its nearly unusable even on a powerful PC.

My advise is going to be short and sharp, sell it and buy a 2nd hand Mac.

Darren.

• softsoundsoftsound Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2014

My default settings are exactly what is posted in: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/59247/windows-creator-first-stop-if-you-experience-unexpected-behaviours/p1

Hahaha, sell my PC for a Mac just to use one piece of software? I might buy a mac for testing along side my PC later down the road but certainly not just for this software.

Also....A new bug...

:( I now realize if you scroll too much (in Backstage window) you have a high chance of crashing 10.5 Gamesalad.... The software can't decide if it should scroll or not.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@softsound if you have found bugs with windows 10.5 please submit a support ticket so we can get those bugs fixed.

• aaronforsteraaronforster Member Posts: 28

I've had the same problems too. And a few others. On the delete not working I found the minus button still works.

• aaronforsteraaronforster Member Posts: 28

also where would you submit such a report. if it wasn't for the bugs i'd have gone pro a long time ago.

• softsoundsoftsound Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2014

:( I try to report my bug through the gamesalad bug tracker through my gamesalad program but it keeps asking me to login in. So I'm logged in but it thinks I'm not and when I login I just go back to the start page.

So my bug reporting is bugged.

How else do I report bugs? I didn't see any pages in the forums.

I could post a pic if it would help.

Gamesalad needs a way to submit bug reports through the website since I can't use the software....

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Raise a ticket on the support page

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon