Problem with Windows Gamesalad with popup windows

softsoundsoftsound Member Posts: 6

I have an issue where the longer I use Gamesalad the harder it seems to use any of the popup windows for like attributes and stuff. All the pop ups seem to either start super low on my screen or in some cases below my toolbar. Is there any setting I can change to fix this? I've just started using Gamesalad today so, I'm sorry if I come across as a noob.

Hopefully this picture shows up to demostrate the issue I'm having.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw63MTSPPUFLYVhjVkVDdkYxUU0/edit?usp=sharing

I'm using windows 7x64 if that helps.

Also I just logged in and visited the forums and received the Photogenic badge. I haven't uploaded an image for my avatar or anything so I'm surprised I got that badge....Is that another bug or is it telling me I should upload an avatar?

Comments

• softsoundsoftsound Member Posts: 6

Hmm, It seems it helps if I close GameSalad and reopen it but the issue still happens pretty often, every other click or so. I've moved my toolbar to the right side of my screen and so I'm able to use some of the windows better but I've run into an issue where if I even try to open the attributes window it turns to a blue A and I don't see a attribute window showing anymore also I can't get the blue A to turn back to gray.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw63MTSPPUFLQllHZy1VWklHOWs/edit?usp=sharing

I'm unable to type in the attribute section as well. So I'm unable to change attributes at all unless I keep restarting the game. I think I will file this as a bug unless there is someone who comments that this is not a bug and is able to show me a way to fix it.

Edit:I have minimized my Gamesalad window and looked all over for the attribute window but it doesn't seem to even show half the time anymore.

Edit:Okay, I figured out that I just have to keep my GameSalad window half the size of my screen size since these windows always popup below my GameSalad Screen.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw63MTSPPUFLNy0xLVpZXzB2SlE/edit?usp=sharing

For anyone else suffering from this.
    Solution - Keep GameSalad half the height of your screen.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited June 2014

@softsound, have you maybe set your system to a different font size? Maybe have a special theme installed?

These all can lead to popup dialogs displaying in odd places.

• softsoundsoftsound Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2014

I'm just using the default fonts and sizes.... I haven't changed my any setting for my computer regarding my user account on my windows computer. I don't think I've even changed the default screensaver. :|

I reinstalled version 10.5 and I think that might have sort of fixed it for now. I mean the window is still like way at the bottom of my screen but at least it hasn't gone below my toolbar yet.

• Xveriun_Uln_24Xveriun_Uln_24 Member Posts: 9

Have you tried moving your windows bar to the side of the screen or changing the size of the star bar. IF that doesn't work you can try toggling your screen settings to move the actual display further away from the boarded on your monitor. You can do a start menu search for customize the task bar and in that box you will see an option to move the task bar to the sides of the screen and auto hide, but auto hide might make your problem worse. You could also try a start menu search for change display settings and then change your orientation. I'm using a laptop so my monitor doesn't actually have the onboard settings, but you may want to try moving the display up on the monitor. Also have you tried adjusting the sizes of the stage, back stage and attribute Windows in the software?