How To Scroll Image To Show More Space

SikkJewFroSikkJewFro Member Posts: 75

Ok, So, a little more clarification, I have a game in which has upgrades correct?
There is a button that sends them to my "Store" scene. Now, In this store scene I wish to have a long portrait
that shows 7-8 items already, and with the ability to touch-scroll ability to drag the menu down more to reveal more upgrades.
See what I mean? So that way they can swipe down and theres more upgrades.
I've tried searching about this but all I found was people showing how to make images go off the screen, then recycle back.
I have not been able to find anything about scrolling down to reveal more upgrades and whatnot. If someone could help I'd be very grateful!
PS: I'm very new at this software so if this seems like an easy solution, please don't judge, I'm only learning the basics. :)

Comments

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

Hi, tshirtbooth shows you how to do that in this video here:

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

Does this help:

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

Beat me to it by mere seconds...

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

Can you guys post the actual URL for these vids? I'm having trouble viewing them in this post because youtube is saying "This Video is Private"...

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@AsOfLatte said:
    Can you guys post the actual URL for these vids? I'm having trouble viewing them in this post because youtube is saying "This Video is Private"...

Many of the videos that the GS staff deemed "too old and outdated" were made private since they no longer represent gs in its current form.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@Lovejoy That's unfortunate.... :( I'm having the same issue as @SikkJewFro and can't find a solution!

edited March 2015

I am looking for something like this. A scrolling actor/image menu, that has a little "drift" in the scroll effect. Anyone, know how to achieve this? What I am talking about appears at 1:20 during T-shirtBooth's "Level Select".

• Happy Family GamesHappy Family Games Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015

To answer the OP, I believe if you set the background actor to control the camera, then you could set a "move" rule in the background actor's backstage that when dragged upward would scroll the screen downward. I've done similar with touch rules, not sure how to implement it with dragging, but maybe you can piece together what I suggested with another tutorial... I'm sure there's one out there somewhere that shows you being able to drag an actor around the screen

Edit: Not that the OP who posted in 6/2014 probably cares anymore lol