Versioning

fabioebnerfabioebner Member Posts: 7

in Gamesalad how files i need to versioning and how files i need to ignore?

tks

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

The project file contains everything you need. Are you using an automated versioning tool? Why not just backup each project file. I manually "version" my files by naming them with incremental version numbers each time I save: mygreatapp1.gameproj, mygreatapp2.gameprogram, etc.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• fabioebnerfabioebner Member Posts: 7

tatiang and if i want to make with my friend one game?? doesn't have problem to versioning all? if anyone open in one diff computer the files will not crash?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

To notify someone, be sure to include the @ symbol before their username: @fabioebner‌

GameSalad does not support simultaneous editing of project files. I don't recommend you do that as you may corrupt the file. If you need to collaborate with someone else, you'll need to come up with a system for ensuring that only one person is using the file at a time or you may want to use a third-party project file merger tool to combine files.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• fabioebnerfabioebner Member Posts: 7

@tatiang tks.. and have one way to merge scene?? i create one, and my friend create another, and whe merge into one Project?

• KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162

Talk to the fine folks at @DeepBlueApps‌ and get their Project Merger tool.. It's Mac only, but brilliant..

http://www.deepblueapps.com/gs-project-merger/

-- J