Gamesalad, Please remove AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager from your app builds!!

MeaningfulGamesMeaningfulGames Member, PRO Posts: 171

I submitted an initial 1.0 version of an app which was approved, live with ads around 6 weeks ago. I found it had a minor bug which was fixed easily by adding one change attribute behavior on one actor - and it was fixed. I reuploaded it as 1.1 to the app store only to find it rejected, saying that "We found your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines."

I literally changed ONE behavior. I contacted Apple to explain that I use Gamesalad, I only changed one behavior from my live version (which has ads working fine) and reuploaded. They said to resubmit the binary nevertheless, so I waited a few days (since GS servers are iffy anyway) and tried again. Rejected again, with this message:

"We found that your app is enabled for iAd. However, per our previous correspondence, iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

We did not find any other ads in your app. If your app includes another ad service, please provide us with this information, as well as steps for locating these ads in your app. "

I have no control with the source code so I can only entrust GS to fix this bug. Please remove these instances or I cannot upload my app properly.

Comments