Bug help in my game! Please help

TannerWordTannerWord Member, PRO Posts: 20

Im making a brick breaker game, Ive been done with it for a while except for one little bug....the ball hits two bricks at one time which causes the count to get off and so the game doesn't end when all the brick are gone because it counted the two bricks it hit at once as one brick, so it still thinks another brick needs to be destroyed before ending the game. How can I fix this?? Either make it where only one brick can be destroyed at once or when it does destroy two at the same time it doesn't mess the count up when subtracting the bricks from the game, so it will end the game when the bricks are gone, how can I fix this??? Please help!

Comments

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

Can I take a look at it?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351

Please refrain from posting the same questions in multiple forums (especially when both forums aren't the right place for it :P)

That said, I'm assuming you have the rule to count bricks in your ball? If so, put it in your bricks instead.

When actor receives event overlaps or collides with actor Ball
    Change attribute game.Bricks to game.Bricks-1

Or something like that.

If you are using the brick actors to subtract the one from the total when a brick is hit, and not using the ball actor, then you'll need to post your rules so we have some idea of what you're actually doing.

Never mind, then

• TannerWordTannerWord Member, PRO Posts: 20
    edited May 2014

I would also like the ball to move in the direction base on which way Im moving my paddle when the ball hits it, instead of it just being random....thanks for all you guys' help!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351

Having looked at the rules it appears to be a simple case of one actor being accidentally unlocked before the rule to subtract from the bricks total was added!

here you go