App rejected: "2.10: iPhone apps must also run on iPad without modification, at iPhone resolution.."

casual-game-appscasual-game-apps Member, PRO Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Tech Support

Hello everyone,

This will be my first game (hopefully) :wink:

I wanted to upload a game for iPhone, but it seems it has to run on IPads as well…now, I selected "Stretch" before I generated the app, however -
I got my reject message that says:

"...Your app did not run at iPhone resolution when reviewed on iPad. Specifically, the app displayed a black screen indefinitely. Please refer to the attached screenshot for more information. While your app may be built for iPhone or iPod, it must still run on iPad, at iPhone resolution and at 2x iPhone 3GS resolution…"

// the attached screenshot is a png that has nothing in it just black colour…

What needs to be done in order to avoid such things?
Should I do my game design in G.S. at IPad screen resolution and than "just upload it to every Apple IOS device?" - so that will be ok for iPhone as well?

Many thanks for your time and have a nice weekend!

Comments

• kipdevkipdev Member Posts: 275

You should format your game for ipad at the start ALWAYS, just check iphone resoultion, it will work on the iphone that way, good way to check it is in gamesalad on preview mode change the drop down to overscan, then when u are publishing make sure u check the overscan box, dont ever use letter box with Apple, had the same problem my first game

• casual-game-appscasual-game-apps Member, PRO Posts: 3

Many thanks Kipdev, I'll stick to that!
    cheers! :)