Unreal 4 engine + Epic games = Tappy Chicken, yes a Flappy Clone.

BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Unreal 4 powered Flappy Clone "Tappy Chicken". from Epic games,lol.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keynote/id821841075

personally I think game play sucks, and my "Martian Flapper Bird" game is better but thats just me. :)

Comments

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited May 2014

An Unreal powered version of such a game is such a waste of potential or at least overkill. Staight up.

• Skyrocket_EntertainmentSkyrocket_Entertainment Member Posts: 206

Is it true? Epic Games made Tappy Chicken

• kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554

Its just a thing they've made to attract attention and shed their AAA only image. With their new plan they seem to be targeting indies. Specially with a price plan like 19$/month . I see they have done quite a good job out of their campaign.

@kinzua‌, I just checked their website.
    Well! $19 per month + 5% off.
    it's pretty good and better then Unity,
    I think I should switch to Unreal

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

Terrible clone version...

@Skyrocket_Entertainment it's not 5% off, it's a licensing deal for using their engine. You pay them 19 usd/month + 5% of gross revenue resulting from sales to users.

• natzuurnatzuur Member Posts: 304

The whole point of the game was to promote the visual scripting interface called "blueprints". Blueprints is a node based non-porgramming interface for game creation. One artist made this alone in unreal showcasing that a non-coder can make a whole game in UDK without C++ knowledge.

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

That does not change the fact that the game has zero originality. One would think that showcasing a major tool would be done with some sort of self respect. The tool is surely great though.

@JSproject said:
    That does not change the fact that the game has zero originality. One would think that showcasing a major tool would be done with some sort of self respect. The tool is surely great though.

Yeah def agree, it is a bit of an odd choice to be taken seriously. But hey flappy clones are what draws in wannabe devs who think they have the next big hit with a slightly modified clone I guess.

Oh! I'm clear now, just rechecked website.
    But, it's still good, price still cheap if we
    calculate for 1 year, 12 months.

@JSproject‌

@natzuur‌, Blueprint is very interesting and
    better than GameSalad.

I will check it out.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Just a note I was not promoting Unreal I was just trying to show that even using a powerful SDK like Unreal your game can still suck with or without a custom loading wheel.

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307

You'd think they could of at least implemented 3D and lighting...

@BBEnk said:
    Just a note I was not promoting Unreal I was just trying to show that even using a powerful SDK like Unreal your game can still suck with or without a custom loading wheel.

Yeah same here, UDK has it's own strengths, as does GS. I'd honestly stick with GS for most 2d, but have been looking into UDK for 3d work.

• kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554

@natzuur said:
    Yeah same here, UDK has it's own strengths, as does GS. I'd honestly stick with GS for most 2d, but have been looking into UDK for 3d work.

Please don't compare UDK with GS. They both excel at where they intend to.

@JSproject said:
    That does not change the fact that the game has zero originality. One would think that showcasing a major tool would be done with some sort of self respect.

Its not a game by Epic. You'd want to play Unreal Tournament to see what the studio is about.