Creating in game inventory feature

ExplosiveGamerExplosiveGamer Member Posts: 33
edited May 2014 in Tech Support

Alright so the feature needs to be displayed in two scenes, in two different ways. Scene X is where it will display all the items you have purchased. Scene Y is the actual game, there is a inventory bar here which can display...lets say 5 items. I want to be able to select the 5 items that i want for Scene Y in Scene X. More specifically, I plan to have a drop box placed in Scene X that resembles the inventory in Scene Y. These items have behaviours that I don't want activated anywhere but in Scene Y. These items are power ups and need to be in the order they are placed in. Please offer your advice, I am open minded about different approaches as well. Thank you

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Have a game level integer for each slot in the active inventory. Make each item trigger and/or represented by a number. On scene X when and item is dropped on there change one of the slot integers to the number. Remember this is all simple logic progressions. There are probably a few different ways one could do it.

When you have time watch my logic series.

• ExplosiveGamerExplosiveGamer Member Posts: 33

@The_Gamesalad_Guru‌
    Thanks, I was able to combine what you told me with another inventory method that uses a table. I will be watching a few of the logic videos today.