Collision not turning off

justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226

when button is touched, collide off would be true. when actor is standing on the collide floor (both collided already), and i press the button, the actor is supposed to fall because collide is off. however, the actor doesn't fall, as if the collision doesn't turn off. why is that??

Comments

• bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375

Maybe a mistake in the rules?

• joshiwujoshiwu Member Posts: 207

or even better, when button is pressed change layers, that should avoid collision .

@joshiwu You still have the collision rule. GameSalad also doesn't allow an actor to change layers in-game.

@bjandthekatz yessir, i think you're mistaken. you can change layers in game on unlocked actors, and i don't think actors on dif layers collide. Weather you "still have the collision rule" or not. although have no idea what you mean buy that,

Even on different layers the objects will still collide. How do you change the layers from an unlocked actor during runtime?

objects on dif layers collide now? weird, well it don't make sense for me to explain this if actors on separate layers collide. but illl humor you any way. spawn the same actor on a dif layer in the exact same place, then instantly destroy the old one.

in spawn actor it lets u specify which layer. I've been thinking to make a streets of rage type game with it but, i like out share.

• justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226

can someone help me? im almost done, i can go down now. but i can't go up because i switched the collide rule to the actor. i can go through the first platform, but doesn't go through the second...