Money System

scuurproscuurpro Member, PRO Posts: 63
edited May 2014 in Tech Support

Well first off I hope I posted this is the correct spot.

Hi everyone I new to Gamesalad I downloaded it about three days ago. I've been working on a Game similar to a poker game and I have gotten a bit stuck or at least I don't know where to start. What I need to do is to create a money system Basically I need to be able to Bet a Certain amount of money. For instance if I had $1000 dollars and I bet $500 of that I would win $1000. But if I lose the bet than I lose the $500. hopefully that makes since I am dyslexic so please im sorry if my typing is awful. But it can just be half the money all the time I need to be able to enter a amount to so like $250 dollars.

I assume that you would start with a real attribute something along the lines of Money and then you have alogetherm thats like if user wins bet give him double bet amount or if user loses bet take away X amount.

But yeah I don't know if someone could give me a link to a sample of money used in a game or create on or just right it out here it would be hugely appreciated and save me a day of tinkering around.

Thanks Scuur.

Comments

• TosanuTosanu Member, PRO Posts: 388

This is a bit vague of a question, but basically, you will need two attributes. Total money and Bet Money. What you do is alter the account using the bet money. For example, if you lose the game, total money = totalmoney - betmoney. If the payout is twice the bet, totalmoney = totalmoney +(betmoney x 2). and so on.

• scuurproscuurpro Member, PRO Posts: 63

@Tosanu said:
    This is a bit vague of a question, but basically, you will need two attributes. Total money and Bet Money. What you do is alter the account using the bet money. For example, if you lose the game, total money = totalmoney - betmoney. If the payout is twice the bet, totalmoney = totalmoney +(betmoney x 2). and so on.

I Completey understand what you are saying thank you for you comment one more question is how do you make a bet amount I cant find anything to enter the numbers and I don't want it to be a button and only be able to bet half I want to be a little screen to enter numbers

• TosanuTosanu Member, PRO Posts: 388

To be honest, I do not know. If you want to be set amounts, like a butto nfor 100, a button for 200 and so on, thats doable with my knowledge, but although I know you can enter numbers, I do not know how to get that. It must use the Keyboard Input command, but I've never worked with it. Sorry, maybe another developer has a better response.

• HC_DKHC_DK Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2014

Maybe you can make your own numeric keypad. Make one actor for each number from 0 to 9, store the input in a table and use the tableMerge function.