Attention, iPad Devs: iPad International Launch On 5/28

YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
Hey, iPad Developers!

I just wanted to send out a reminder that Apple's iPad is launch in the following countries on May 28th, exactly 1 week from today!

Countries getting the iPad: Australia, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, and Switzerland

I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention as this would probably be a good time to coordinate for iPad game launches and maybe put in a new round of promotion on any games already available on the App Store. Also, remember that there is a second round of International releases (including Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore) coming in July.

Comments

• JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Thanks for letting us know! I unfirtunately won't be able to get my iPad game out fir the first launch but i had no idea of the second launch in June, thanks, as now i should be able to aim for that.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Wow, this is huge. My best GameSalad game yet should be ready... and with foreign language support too!

Also, is anyone interest in having their iTunes app description translated from English to German? Up to 4000 characters, plus keywords, for only $15.
  • scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    I'll be releasing a new music app made with GS! :D And I'm really excited about it too, even without the international angle!
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    Please note that anyone wanting to have an app ready for the 28th will have to be quick as my last two ipad apps which just got approved took 8 days from in review to approval for sale!
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Photics said:
    Wow, this is huge. My best GameSalad game yet should be ready... and with foreign language support too!

Also, is anyone interest in having their iTunes app description translated from English to German? Up to 4000 characters, plus keywords, for only $15.

Isn't that what google translate is for haha

Yes I do realize, its not perfect or sometimes even remotely close, but you can plug in english and get translations for 15 other languages in less than a minute (or from any other starting language)
    Heh, Google Translate is far from professional level. It's a good starting point, but it needs a lot of cleaning up. And, without a good understanding of the language, how do you know to correct it?

One example - "Start" is the same word in English, Polish and German. I thought that Google didn't know the right word, but it's the same word.

...and if you're going to do localization, to you want "Someone set us up the bomb" or do you want it to be correct?
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    egh, well i guess its just personal preference, I honestly don't care because its in another country e.g. Germany, the only people I know there are my cousins, but I could see how other people could certainly use this! For me though, Google translate is good enough haha
    Good enough?! Heh... if you're not interested in making money... maybe it is.

With my next game, I did the best I could with every aspect of the game... including localization. I'm waiting to see if it pays off. That should easily settle the debate.

...but I've already seen sales from Germany with my other apps. I suspect that quality translation was the main reason.
  • carlos.varela.comcarlos.varela.com Member Posts: 99
    Apple send an email saying that my ipad is on the road!! ; )) This friday I will see my game on my new ipad ; ))P
  • scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    Congrats!
    HEY!!! Just to say that I did received my ipad right now!!! Amazing!!! ; )))P

thnx!!!
    FYI:
    The SIM card is more little than the standard iphone SIM card.
    I will need to wait for 3G I see : (