Improper Advertising Identifier Usage (Application Loader Error)

Conifer_AppsConifer_Apps Member Posts: 100

So I got this when uploading my app to iTunes connect via the application loader:

Since my newest version status is "waiting for upload", there is no way to go back, delete the version, and add a new version which declares the use of advertising identifiers in iTunes connect.

I'm running GS version 0.10.4.1 beta. If there is some way to manually remove the IDFA from my app package, please let me know, or let me know if this is fixed because I can't go back and delete or modify my new version until there is a binary to reject.

Thanks!

Answers

• AlipateAlipate AustraliaMember Posts: 15

im in the same boat , omg so frustrating :neutral_face:

• Conifer_AppsConifer_Apps Member Posts: 100

@Alipate‌ looks like no new updates for a while...

I messages apple still waiting for a reply , do u think we have to gameslaad pro and take ads off and re publish it, or make a new app , so annoying I ticked the wrong box and I can't fix it :(

@Alipate‌ , my guess is that there is some way to remove the advertising framework from the actual app package itself, but I'm still lost in all those files. It's very frustrating that all we needed to do was check the box when adding a new version! I'm not paying for pro though I'd that's he only fix

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

Search for forums for that message, I think I remember a discussion or two about it

I'll wait and see what apple say, my app is stuck on waiting to upload and I can't edit the binary on untuned connect , maybe I should create a new app, I had my app rejected cause I didn't put a good icon up and when I reloaded the binary it asked if I had ads and I clicked no and and when I went to upload I got that message , driving me crazy it's my first app and finding it frustrating lol but all good :) let me know guys any new info and I'll post back with what apple has to say .

edited April 2014
  • nikkyoryzanonikkyoryzano Member Posts: 242

hi, any news to solve this problem? thanks

@nikkyoryzano‌ @Alipate‌ nothing new yet, sorry guys. I'm working on it. If anything new pops up, I'll let you guys know. We need to get the attention of one of the gamesalad chefs and see if they have anything.

Apple dev web site is down for maintenance now,haven't had a reply yet from my email to Apple,I think they stuffed a lot of people's apps up but trying to crack down on ads :neutral_face:

• nikkyoryzanonikkyoryzano Member Posts: 242
    edited April 2014

Hi, if you forgot to check the IDFA box when ready to upload, you can workaround it by submitting a dummy project with no ads with the same bundle ID, then reject it, then submit the real project by checking the IDFA box. Or just by "create a new app" on the iTC and ignore the old one (if your not pro GS). BUT still don't know the answer to the questions after you check the IDFA box.

Yeah... I already checked the box so I'm stuck...

@Conifer_Apps‌ I got my app uploaded finally to the store ,I deleted all provisioning files and made new ones,re signed the app with the new provisioning files and uploaded it to the store waiting for review ,my gosh what a nightmare ,first try again to re send and see if that message comes up,then try the steps I did if it fails ,I think they fixed it up gamesalad and itunes connect or maybe I was lucky lol good luck my friend and message me if you get stuck and I will try to help :)

Or maybe I think they fixed it so when u upload it u can edit your binary ,sorry for the confusion @Conifer_Apps‌

edited May 2014

Apple supposedly fixed the issue... We'll see.

Alrighty - so after contacting Apple they just changed the state to "invalid binary" letting me go through the prepare for upload phase again, fixing the issue. FOR ANYONE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM JUST CONTACT APPLE!