Game Keeps crashing on android phone but loads up just fine in the editor

TerraformedAppsTerraformedApps Member, PRO Posts: 8

Not sure why everything works fine in the gamesalad editor but when I try to open the apk on my phone it says"Unfortunately, gamename has stopped. Anyone else ever run into this problem if so how did you fix it?

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

it could be a bad rule or a memory issue, both of which would work in the editor but fail when on the device.

• TerraformedAppsTerraformedApps Member, PRO Posts: 8

Is there an easy way to debug it?

I don't think either of those are the reason why. The game is working as it should and all of the actors are recycled.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

when you run it using the viewer what is your memory footprint?

to debug you need to get creative... put in a new start scene and see if you can progress past that.

remove actors one at a time from your main scene until it doesn't crash... stuff like that

Don't believe the viewer is available to us windows users yet only thing I can do is test each individual apk on my phone. Unfortunately not going to have enough time to fiddle with it tonight thanks for the help though will repost over the next few days when I figure it out.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

If your game starts with any music, add a new scene and making this your 'loading screen'. Add an image 'Loading' and a 2-3 second timer to change scene to your main scene.

I had that problem and this is what I did(if you have music at launch) and it fixed the issue.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

Ok I tried making the loading screen with a 3 second timer to go to the main menu. Loading screen comes up but after the 3 seconds the game crashes :/

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Then it must be something in your game. A rule that is empty for example. Or a missing image. You will need to check through all the actors and rules in your scene

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon